showing my first 2 flemish rabbits on nov 20 arba show!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
im totally freaked out LMAO ive never shown before and have only attended one major show. been to a few fair shows and 4h shows asa kid. i have to call the breeder back today, to find out details as in if i get to pick up our 2 rabbits the nite before or if i have to wait til the day off the show.hoping its the nite before so im not rushing everything the morning of the show eeekk. and have to call a friend who was making us 2 show carriers. see if i can get those done asap LOL

so any advise????? i am so clueless as to what to expect! like how do i know when its my rabbits turns?? do they call you up to judge your rabbits by breed only or breed and that breeds age. then what after that?? do i just pick up my rabbit and carry it over and if thats the case how do i do that with 2 rabbits rofl god im totally freaking out here but totally excited!!!

i plan on reg. to show as soon as i arrive there. i know the flemish is one of the starting breeds and have to be reg. by 8 to 830am judging starts at 9am.

any and all advise would be extrememly appreciated for a first time show'er!!

:laugh:Kim You so sound like me a few months ago :!~!!!!

first thing BREATHE! it helps,

The Breeder will most likely help you get every bun on the table, I am sure she will beShowing her Rabbits also ,

They will call up the rabbits by Breed, age color and sex, not necessarily in that order, With Flemmish there will be a LONG wait between classes, When I went to Storrs there was 150 Flemish inall Seven Colors, LISTEN for the Judge to Call Your age group, color, and sex of the rabbit . I have found if possible to sit as close to the Judges table for your Breed aspossible that way you dont miss anything the Judge calls up.

Not to be mean, but for your first Show I hope you planned a Sitter for the boys, you are going to benervous and stressed enough with outworring where the boys are, what are they up toand feeding them. Cassi even thougholder can be a PITA while at a show, Half the time with outsomeone with me Icant find her, or she needs food, or is bored, or is offBugging someone, Her main targets are usually Roger and Sharon .

I Hope you have wonder fullpeople like Blue Giants, Sharon and Roger who dont mind the "what did he call" which sex again,which color" with you, Im sure at some point through the Shows that I have had the pleasure of being with these people they were certainly looking for something to choke me todeath with, ( thankfully it was a rabbit show and not a horse or dog show, no leashesor leads LOL),

Best Advice i can give is RELAX and HAVE FUN! the more you can relax the more fun it will be.

Kim

You will do fine! The shows are not that complicated. I was a nervous wreck

for my first show but it was easy. They usually won't judge a class until all

of the entrants are there. They will just keep hollering until they have all of

the rabbits entered for the class. You just have to get your rabbit up there

and stand back and wait for the comments from the judge and watch your

rabbits win.

Gypsy, I think that Cassie is a sweet, smart little girl and nota PITA. She is

better behaved than 99% of the kids I know including mine LOL. You are

not a PITA either, everyone needs a little help on their first few shows

especially when they bring half a mini-van full and leave with a full mini-van LOL.

I am getting to that point, I counted my show team and it is now 22 rabbits.

Roger L

Roger L wrote:
Kim

They usually won't judge a class until all

of the entrants are there. They will just keep hollering until they have all of

the rabbits entered for the class.

Roger L

Do keep in mind that judges are not required to hold up the class to wait for exhibitors once the class has been called. If you miss your class, it cannot be rejudged.

In Pennsylvania, it's a common practice at shows to have exhibitors place their remark cards on the writer's table as the breed begins, so there is no way of knowing if someone is missing because it is not known how many were actually entered in that class. (Personally, I hate that practice -- it's a nightmare for the judge, the writers and the exhibitor).

Many judges will not wait -- so be sure to keep your ears and eyes open for your class! It's general practice (although not a rule) to call the class 3 times if a rabbit is missing. If it doesn't show up at that point, judging goes on without the rabbit.

Pam

No worries Kim, I'll be there to help you out..by then I will have attended/shown in a couple myself....not that will make me an expert by any means, but at least I'll be somewhat familiar. The show I was in last weekend it was REAL hard to hear but everyone was good about telling each other what was going on. Everyone there was very nice and helpful....between the 4 of us being there, one of us should hear whats going on!

I have seen some shows where they have a white board and list what is next etc and cross off whats done...

wow i will soooo need the help lmao i got a hold of the breeder today, will be meeting him early at the show so i can get the bunnies but also so he can help me fill out the paper work to enter them in the show and he also said he would help me with showing them! plus have another breeder, who i have bought cages from and also is making me 2 show carriers, said he would do what he could to help me. he said if his rabbits show after/before ours he will be right there with me and also at the table to help me if need be. wheeewwwww lmao so at least three helpers woohoo now im not as freaked out lmao

oh we do have a sitter, she is keeping them from the 19th to the 20th. so i dont have to worry bout chasing them around, no way id go nuts lol

wow first show, my reccomendation is get a spot close to the judging of the breed you are showing and stick close after they start. If there is a small entry they may go fast. bluebird

Latest posts

Back