Show Listings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Reaction score
Gah! Here I am, looking for shows to go to, like I'm supposed to. I found one in August, I plan on attending. That is if I can get any information about it! I mean goodness I don't understand show lingo yet. Open, double open, youth. Bah can't you just tell me where its at, when it starts, what is supposed to be there, and who and whatcan/cannot show!

Maybe someone can break down the show listing for me? These were posted on the ARBA website:

Start Date:
8/5/2006

End Date:
8/5/2006

Club:
CHARLESTON FANCY RBA

Secretary:
CATHERINE R COFFEY

307 LANCASTER ROAD

SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485

Show Type:
YOUTH ALL BREED SHOW

[email protected]

Start Date:
8/5/2006

End Date:
8/5/2006

Club:
CHARLESTON FANCY RBA

Secretary:
CATHERINE R COFFEY

307 LANCASTER ROAD

SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485

Show Type:
OPEN ALL BREED SHOW

[email protected]

Now in the first it says Youth. What ages are considered youth? I haven't been able to find that anywhere. I see an adress, is that the Secretary's adress, or the place where the show will be held? I see a contact number, that I will be sure to use. I already emailed the show secretary to ask a few questions. Open means anyone can show, not just club members, I get that. All breed, self explanitory. Now on other sites they say Double Open, Double Youth. What is the double part?

Sorry if this shows my complete ignorance, but I am lost here.

On the plus side, I found a club in my city, and hope to join them too, as they are part of the ARBA as well. Yay for that!

Youth become open on their 19th birthday.
A double show means 2 shows.

At this time of year, there are many ARBA sanctioned fair shows and some require that you coop your rabbits at the fair and may also require additional fees.

Contact the show secretary for a flyer with more details.

Pam

I found a show that I want to go to on September 30, and I wrote a letter to the show secretary asking to be on the mailing list for a show catalog, but that was a couple weeks ago, and still, nothing! Do they have a set date do mail catalogs to everyone on the same day?

I would send out a request a little closer to the show date. They may not have the catalogs printed yet.

Pam

Ah, okey dokey then. :D Thanks for the information! Hopefully she gets back to me sometime, even if the show is a month and some days away. :shock:

You might not here back from her but you should receive a catalog in the mail if you requested one. So don't get discouraged if you don't here back right away. Also, most secretaries don't send catalogs out too early for a show because people tend to lose them. I send mine out about 3 weeks before the show.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back