Show Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My bunny's parents are show bunnies, and while I do see a little star in my bun, I don't know exactly what his parents were like. Do you think he has show quality? I don't plan on using him for show, but I'm just curious if he would have similar genetic traits.

Also, what color pattern is he? I've uploaded a couple pictures for you to see for yourself. :laughsmiley::laughsmiley::laughsmiley:

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

From reading a thread the other day I've learned that only tort and red-eyed white are showable lionhead colours. I'm not 100% but I don't think your Einstein is a tort. His colour reminds me of sable marten, but all the sable images of lionheads I look up are lighter in colour, unless he's going to lighten up a bit as he grows.

If his parents were good at show, it's most likely that he would have good qualities too, though of course it can vary.

Last edited:
Einstein is quite the looker! That being said, I do not know enough about that aspect of rabbit ownership and care to make an informed guess as to whether he has any qualities that would make him successful in showing. Since his parents both showed and, I am assuming, did well, it would stand to reason that some of those traits may have trickled down to their offspring. Hopefully, other members with much more experience and knowledge will come along to answer your question - I just stopped by to acknowledge how cute Einstein is. If nothing else, be confident that you have a good looking rabbit with what seems like a terrific personality. Up to showing standards or not, you're quite lucky to have Einstein. And, I bet he's pretty darn happy to have you as well!

He's pretty, but he looks more like he would be classified as a pet or a breeding rabbit. He's aborable though. Post photos when he's a little older and has developed some more, and pose him. :) There's lots of articles on google on how to pose a lionhead, if you're unsure how too! :)

He's not an accepted color (looks like black otter, but hard to tell from the pics), so he would be disqualified from show. He also appears to be longer in the ear and have a longer/lower shoulder.

He is a pretty bunny, but is best suited as a pet. :)

Latest posts

Back