Should my bun live in the shed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Ok so where I live at the moment South Australia, it is very cold, wet and rainy even hailing! So I was having this problem that because the bottom of my bun Bambi's hutch is wire ( I cover it with newspapers and shavings) Water was pooling underneath the hutch and soaking the bedding which is very bad. So I moved him under the verandah on to concrete. That did the trick :nod. However because it is very cold at the moment I was wondering if I should move him inside the shed for winter?

If the shed has windows, it could be a nice home for the winter for your rabbit. I have my rabbits outside in hutches, but my ideal home for them would be a shed with lots of windows and a big attached run...someday!

You could shred up some paper (paper from an old white pages) or put a fleece blanket in the hutch for your bunny to snuggle up with if he gets cold, or pack the "den" part of the hutch with hay. Since he's used to being outside he probably has a nice warm coat so likely is used to the current temperature.

A shed is good so long as the bun gets adequate lighting everyday.

Buns are very good with cold and as long as you keep them out of the wind and water, they are good. It's actually the heat you have to worry about. I should know. I live in Wisconsin, where it is -25 Fahrenheit in the winter and 90 Fahrenheit in the summer. Yuk.

its not a bad idea ... just keep them cool is the main thing. with plenty of air circulation. next would be bunny tv and water on tap =)

Latest posts

Back