Should I try to separate them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One bun is trying to hump the other.
Should I try and separate them.
Even if just for some of the time?

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_121924.jpg
    IMG_20220903_121924.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 0
Could you provide some background? What are their ages? Are they neutered? What are their sexes? How long have you had them and have they been together since you've had them?

They are about six months old. Not spayed or neutered. Genders not known. They have always been together and been with me 3 or 4 months.
I am not able to keep them separate the whole time at present but working on the problem.

If they are different sexes, and you don't know when they started humping you would need to securely seperate them now, she might be pregnant and the buck would impregnate her again right after giving birth, and you'll end up wading knee deep in rabbits quickly.

If they are both male, it would be wise to seperate, humping is not a good sign then and the situation can escalate into a serious fight in seconds, they can severly injure each other.

If they are both female, humping is a normal part of their social behaviour, then I would arrange their space so that they can get out of each others eyes if they feel like it (avoid creating any dead ends) and keep an eye on that, how they react etc.

Seperationg part time is in none of any of those combinations a good idea, most likely creates way more problems than it solves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back