Should I neuter my buck?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc7267

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if I should neuter my little buck he is 12 weeks old and has had no signs of aggressive ness he is very very sweet and I just want him to stay that way here is a pic of him btw he is crossbreed New Zealand lop and Flemish giant :D thx for your helpImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404182290.433682.jpg

within the next few weeks he will probably start getting aggressive and hormonal. every rabbit is different so you can just wait and see what his behavior ends up being like.

He is still young and hasn't really hie puberty yet, so behaviour issues haven't shown up yet. Things can change pretty quick as he matures, and that can be in the next few months. Some rabbits don't change too much, but others can change a lot.

It would be good to get him neutered. He probably isn't ready yet, as his testicles need to be descended. You can talk with your vet about when would be good to get him done.

Remember that even when neutered, he will still be an adult rabbit and might not be like he is now. He can still be sweet, but won't be quite so baby like for long.

Latest posts

Back