Should I get bun a harness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RWAF statement: "There is no benefit at all to a rabbit, as a prey animal, to be dressed up in clothes, to wear a harness, to be pushed in a push chair, or taken on an unnecessary car ride at all, in fact they can be detrimental to their welfare by causing them stress, so we do not approve of these things. " Do not use harnesses, have supervised time in a safe garden or use a large run instead. Bunnies are not dolls, bunnies are not dogs!
[/QUOTE\]
She doesn't like playpens , she's uses to free roaming everywhere .

Is this suitable

Attachments

• 1590613357079482939328883390143.jpg
    1590613357079482939328883390143.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 10
Is this suitable
This one actually is not bad I don't normally use harnesses bt have 3 different got them as gifts and one that I made myself off an old sock. I have one similar to this, it is quite nice and comfortable. Other one is a bit unusual I've never seen them in shops and now tried to find a pic and no luck, I will try to get a pic of it later will post here. It is only crossed straps so more freedom, but also holds firmly and no pressure on the neck. The third one is pretty bad it's most popular they sell n pet shops and you've posted a pic of it earlier.

In your situation, I don't think I would recommend it. You have enough on your plate. Harnessing requires not only the proper type of harness (many unsafe ones are sold), but it needs to be fitted properly and the rabbit needs to get used to it over a period of time. Not all rabbits will take to it.

There are also many risks associated with harnessing improperly. With your claims of often forgetting basic tasks, the idea of forgetting something during harnessing training or attempting to take bun outside with one, just isn't worth the risk, imo.

RWAF statement: "There is no benefit at all to a rabbit, as a prey animal, to be dressed up in clothes, to wear a harness, to be pushed in a push chair, or taken on an unnecessary car ride at all, in fact they can be detrimental to their welfare by causing them stress, so we do not approve of these things. " Do not use harnesses, have supervised time in a safe garden or use a large run instead. Bunnies are not dolls, bunnies are not dogs!

Stop looking for harnesses. You (@Jasminebunny ) are not going to be able to do it safely. Just stop.

ANY rabbit will run around in an exercise pen. There is no such thing as 'she doesn't like it'. If you want her outside for periods of time, supervise her (watch her nonstop) while she is in the pen outside. She'll get used to it.

This one actually is not bad I don't normally use harnesses bt have 3 different got them as gifts and one that I made myself off an old sock. I have one similar to this, it is quite nice and comfortable. Other one is a bit unusual I've never seen them in shops and now tried to find a pic and no luck, I will try to get a pic of it later will post here. It is only crossed straps so more freedom, but also holds firmly and no pressure on the neck. The third one is pretty bad it's most popular they sell n pet shops and you've posted a pic of it earlier.
Okay

Stop looking for harnesses. You (@Jasminebunny ) are not going to be able to do it safely. Just stop.

ANY rabbit will run around in an exercise pen. There is no such thing as 'she doesn't like it'. If you want her outside for periods of time, supervise her (watch her nonstop) while she is in the pen outside. She'll get used to it.
She doesn't like them.

@Jasminebunny let me put it this way. If something happened to jasmine while she was in the harness, you would feel terrible right? I don’t think the risks are worth it. Like I said before, an extra large dog pen will be just fine. My bunny doesn’t even get outdoor time because we live in a complex by the beach and I’m scared he’ll ingest sand or get attacked by a seagull lol. I won’t even get a harness because of the risks. It’s better to be cautious! Especially because your rabbits and pets have had some traumas in the past.

mmmh my aunt which used to have plenty of bunnies gifted me her vest harness i never tried it, you should probably take it slow i understand its a comple process, bear in mind rabbits will be wary of such thing probably run away or stomp their feet nib at it and try to get it off, I still havent tried to put it on my bunnies myself cause i think its not secure enough and they could free from it or get too stressed however ive seen people use this type of harness on their bunnies at the park before, it does seem more secure
https://www.amazon.com/PERSUPER-Har...keywords=rabbit+harness&qid=1590617966&sr=8-3

But again I wouldnt know much havent tried to harness my babies

mmmh my aunt which used to have plenty of bunnies gifted me her vest harness i never tried it, you should probably take it slow i understand its a comple process, bear in mind rabbits will be wary of such thing probably run away or stomp their feet nib at it and try to get it off, I still havent tried to put it on my bunnies myself cause i think its not secure enough and they could free from it or get too stressed however ive seen people use this type of harness on their bunnies at the park before, it does seem more secure
https://www.amazon.com/PERSUPER-Har...keywords=rabbit+harness&qid=1590617966&sr=8-3

But again I wouldnt know much havent tried to harness my babies
Ok

I’m sorry but your always posting about sickness of your animals or no food or no housing or accidental pregnancy or baby deaths like either your messing around with everyone and are just bored and in that case you defiantly should not take advantage of the patience and kindness of other people or you really don’t know how to look after your animals properly and should probably not have any. I’m not sure how old you are but if your having this much trouble and all these issues I don’t think rabbits are for you right now. Maybe start small with a couple fish
Umm... isn’t that the point of this website? To help and advise people in need?? I don’t get your point?

Umm... isn’t that the point of this website? To help and advise people in need?? I don’t get your point?
Yes, the point of RabbitsOnline is to help others and bond over bunnies. @Shontelle's point was saying that Jasmine is always posting about instances where she is an irresponsible bunny owner. In case you don't know, there was some drama about fake accounts, fake stories, ect. Some people think that after all of this, that Jasmine should not be taking advantage of people who could be helping people with real problems, whereas they were helping with problems that were not real.

Yes, the point of RabbitsOnline is to help others and bond over bunnies. @Shontelle's point was saying that Jasmine is always posting about instances where she is an irresponsible bunny owner. In case you don't know, there was some drama about fake accounts, fake stories, ect. Some people think that after all of this, that Jasmine should not be taking advantage of people who could be helping people with real problems, whereas they were helping with problems that were not real.
I'm sorry 😔

I see. @Jasminebunny we all make mistakes! Just learn from it and you’ll be a great owner:) I haven’t gotten my rabbits but I’m sure I’ll make mistakes too and have to turn to here for advice🤗

and also almost everyone Posts here because they did something/irresponsible and Need to figure out how to fix it...

She dislikes the harness , I'm not going to force her to like it , but will continue trying , and if she continues to not like it , my dad said a h-type harness would be better .
And I will keep it for one of my siblings bunnies.

I'm not going to force any to wear it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back