Should I get bun a harness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting lots of hay.

It's true that she doesn't like play pens that much, and escapes the uncovered ones.

There's no males around the area so no possibility of pregnancy, I'm planning on getting her spayed.

At this point, she is about 5 years old? (Correct me if I'm wrong) I personally feel it's better to spay when they are old enough, but still young enough for the surgery to not have any implications. It's fine to spay when they are older, but you have to be more cautious as well. If you haven't already, make sure to talk with your vet about her health and such before spaying.

I bet with you, your next topic will be: I had her on a harness and she pulled free and a male bunny stepped by and she is pregnant again!

I absolutely can’t believe she hates play pens or runs, I mean my four rabbits have an open outdoor run In the Garden which is 3m by 4m With no top and they have a really small one which is 1,20m x 1.20m with an top on.

The small one is really small for four rabbits but sometimes if I’m not watching them permanently I feel safer to use the small play pen with an closed top and they feel absolutely fine in there , they are busy eating all that fresh grass.

And as mentioned before you can get the play pens even the big ones very cheap. And better to invest it in more hay to stock pile a bit before you run out again.
Rabbits have different personalities. Jasminebunny wants to use a harnesses in a secure fenced in area before deciding what the rabbit needs. At least that is how it looks to me. She knows her situation, which may not resemble yours.

At this point, she is about 5 years old, correct? I personally feel it's better to spay when they are old enough, but still young enough for the surgery to not have any implications. It's fine to spay when they are older, but you have to be more cautious as well. If you haven't already, make sure to talk with your vet about her health and such before spaying.
OK, she is a bit older yeah

Rabbits have different personalities. Jasminebunny wants to use a harnesses in a secure fenced in area before deciding what the rabbit needs. At least that is how it looks to me. She knows her situation, which may not resemble yours.
Yeah my garden is fully enclosed, but not that safe free in the garden and she doesn't seem happy in play pens

This one okay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-26-23-35-23-675_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-26-23-35-23-675_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5
I don't personally use a harness, but make sure when picking one out to make sure it can't possibly choke/suffocate your bunny.

I
I don't personally use a harness, but make sure when picking one out to make sure it can't possibly choke/suffocate your bunny.
Ok.
I will 😊

Do you know of any good options?
This is my only option now .

Also, some bunnies just may not like harnesses, and if that's the case, then you just have to accept that.

I found this?
This okay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-26-23-53-39-066_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-26-23-53-39-066_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1
Also the bunny I'm on about is jasmine , my bunny

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_133710.jpg
    IMG_20200510_133710.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
Not to be rude, but constantly posting "Is this okay??" can sometimes be annoying and also someone may not feel the need to help out as much if you are being so repetitive. I'm not saying no-one will ever help or give the right advice, because there are plenty of knowledgeable rabbit owners on this site, but someone cannot always be on hand.
Maybe you could also do your own research online. I feel like sometimes the questions that seem the hardest are really simple to answer. If you do a quick search on Google (or whatever browser you use) and take the time to look things over, you may find the answer to your questions.

Not to be rude, but constantly posting "Is this okay??" can sometimes be annoying and also someone may not feel the need to help out as much if you are being so repetitive. I'm not saying no-one will ever help or give the right advice, because there are plenty of knowledgeable rabbit owners on this site, but someone cannot always be on hand.
Maybe you could also do your own research online. I feel like sometimes the questions that seem the hardest are really simple to answer. If you do a quick search on Google (or whatever browser you use) and take the time to look things over, you may find the answer to your questions.
Ah okay I'm so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back