Should I get another bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mei

Reaction score
Hello, so Snowy is now 7 months old, he's fixed and I just am starting to feel guilty. Im at my family's to visit for Thanksgiving and im looking in my pet cam at home and see him just sitting there alone and I feel so bad and heart broken for him. I usually take him with but this time I decided not too because my dad has to many cats (one is very sassy). I found someone in the area by my dad that needs to find a new home for their bunny and the living conditions suck. Everything in me is telling me to go rescue the baby and get her fixed and give her the most love but im so scared of bonding. Any advice? Idk what to do!!

It technically could work out, rescuing a rabbit and seeing if they will bond to your existing one. I had the same case with my boys, since we cannot do pre-date meeting sessions as others usually suggest.
If all the people in the household agree, then you may as well just go for it.

Reactions: Mei
It technically could work out, rescuing a rabbit and seeing if they will bond to your existing one. I had the same case with my boys, since we cannot do pre-date meeting sessions as others usually suggest.
If all the people in the household agree, then you may as well just go for it.
They all definitely agree and im of course willing to do the work, I've studied a lot about bonding but it still seems so scary lol Its definitely worth it though if they end up bonding and being happy together. Even if it doesn't work out that way, I will love them both the same and give them both equal attention!

I’d go for it! I’m doing the same thing after Tux gets fixed. And maybe introducing them to the cats after (but only if the cats don’t try to hunt them through the gate that I’ll use when first introducing them).

Reactions: Mei
I’d go for it! I’m doing the same thing after Tux gets fixed. And maybe introducing them to the cats after (but only if the cats don’t try to hunt them through the gate that I’ll use when first introducing them).
I probably won't introduce him to the cats... They are too sassy when it comes to other animals but I never really come to my dad's to visit so it really isn't a problem. My husband and I don't have cats or any other animals in our home

My bunny is trying so hard to bond with the cat, the cat is still standoffish, but I see her getting closer to bun every day. She was sleeping right outside Ruby's enclosure when I came down this morning. I hope this works as I don't think the household will warm to another bun anytime soon. Anyway... @Mei , go for it, sounds like it will be the best thing for all 3 of you!

Just know that by getting an intact rabbit, there is no way to determine whether or not they will ultimately bond. If you are perfectly fine with having two rabbits that have to live in two different areas of the home -- and each get their own separate care and exercise, for the next 10 or so years, then no worries.

As for seeing Snowy sitting there alone today, I wouldn't worry about it. Most rabbits (even bonded ones) just lounge around lazily during the daytime anyway. It doesn't mean they aren't content.

Just know that by getting an intact rabbit, there is no way to determine whether or not they will ultimately bond. If you are perfectly fine with having two rabbits that have to live in two different areas of the home -- and each get their own separate care and exercise, for the next 10 or so years, then no worries.

As for seeing Snowy sitting there alone today, I wouldn't worry about it. Most rabbits (even bonded ones) just lounge around lazily during the daytime anyway. It doesn't mean they aren't content.
Thank you for this. We actually decided it wasn't right for us. Snowy gets all the love and affection and next time I'll just simply bring him if I need to. I have 2 (human) kids at home on top of it lol🤣🤣 I don't want to pull away anymore time from snowy and them than needed.

Latest posts

Back