Should I feel guilty.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
Should I feel guilty, I had taken in a few rabbits temporarily for a friend while they got back on their feet. Turns out she can not take them back and has moved to another state to be near family after her Husband passed. I have managed to hold on to these 2 bunnies for over 8 months and they seem to have come attached to me, and I honestly have also. But I have 3 rabbits of my own and one just had babies. Mine are house rabbits, and hers where also. So, I feel a little overwhelmed between working and raising children and providing them all enough one on one time, and hop time. Her bunnies do not get along with mine. Will it be a big ordeal to these bunnies (hers) if I rehome them together preferably or apart? I have big fears in letting them go, and it makes me feel guilty. I fear they will get separated or end up being neglected or abused, or fed to an animal, or depressed from being separated. I am a big animal lover but I feel overwhelmed to the point that I do not enjoy spending time with my own bunnies. I spend so much time working, coming home getting meals prepared for family, helping with homework, and tending to cages, and giving attention to my rabbit family, that I am wore out the next day for work. Part of that is due to me having Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Any advise, do you all feel bunnies forget us, because I don't think they do, and that part is what is bothering me. My animals have always been like family to me and best friends to me ever since I was a child. I don't know what to do. The local Feeders Supply offered to take them in and said they would sale them. What should I do? I need advise. Please.

Hi, I think you shouldn't feel guilty. You are working hard and your family and animals need your attention and you have to take care of them and of your own self. I know there are many bad things happening but still there are very many nice people who can take care about your friends bunnies and have fun, and the bunnies will be happier too as they can get attention they deserve. Just make sure they are going to people who love rabbits and you'll be alright.

Latest posts

Back