Should i cover my rabbits playpen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you cover it what will you cover it with? How high is the pen can your rabbits jump over it? Is the pen indoors or outdoors? Can you show a few pictures? Are the predators in you area that could get to your bun (if outdoors)?

I will cover it with a cloth. It is about 24".Indoors
If you cover it what will you cover it with? How high is the pen can your rabbits jump over it? Is the pen indoors or outdoors? Can you show a few pictures? Are the predators in you area that could get to your bun (if outdoors)?
I

So that is around 2 feet, most rabbits can jump over that height so if you know your rabbit can jump that high (or just for caution) I would recommend covering it with a sheet, but make sure that the rabbit can't chew the cloth that you will put on top.

You could also consider getting a taller pen since 24" is not very tall. Your rabbit could jump out during the day as well.

If your original question was more about asking whether a rabbit cage should be covered at night for darkness sake, then, no, a rabbit cage does not need to be covered at night. A sheet that spans the top of a pen will help prevent bunny from hopping out but then it also makes bunny less visible to you and blocks bunny's view of his/her surroundings. So it isn't ideal for daytime, especially on such a low-sided pen.

Latest posts

Back