Should I Be Concerned??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alliefan

Reaction score
Ashes is an 8 month old Flemish Giant. I've had her 3 months, she is free roaming and litter box trained. Her poop has always been consistent in size and texture though she has always pooped and peed a lot ... I clean her litter box daily. I came home this evening to this ... teenie sized poop. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

She probably weights 14 lbs. Eats about 3-4 cups of veggies am and pm. About 3/4 cup of pellets am and pm. 24/7 hay. She seems to be feeling ok so far but she's still sleeping (she just moved to the living room when I came home and went back to sleep).

That’s not good. She haven’t been eating hay normally. Put her on a hay diet and keep an eye on if she eats. If she’s not eating take her to the vet.

Also how does her stomach feel, does it give some sounds and feel a bit hard/ swollen?

She might be in pain or just ate something else. That made her not eat that much hay to get the fiber she needs.

That’s not good. She haven’t been eating hay normally. Put her on a hay diet and keep an eye on if she eats. If she’s not eating take her to the vet.

Also how does her stomach feel, does it give some sounds and feel a bit hard/ swollen?

She might be in pain or just ate something else. That made her not eat that much hay to get the fiber she needs.

Her stomach does not feel tight and I just checked on her to find her in the litter box eating her hay. I cleaned her litter box after taking the pictures in my original post ... so the pic below has just happened. It looks normal but surely it could not have corrected itself that quickly!??? I removed any pellets that were in her bowl so just hay for now. Should I still take her to the vet if her poop remains normal??

Her poop is beautiful and healthy looking I don't think you should worry now maybe it was something we don't know what but I think it's gone now. Only I see in your first pictures white stains in her litter box that could indicate excess of calcium in her diet, what she normally eats?

Her poop is beautiful and healthy looking I don't think you should worry now maybe it was something we don't know what but I think it's gone now. Only I see in your first pictures white stains in her litter box that could indicate excess of calcium in her diet, what she normally eats?
Her pee does have a white look lately. I started giving her more kale this past week and I saw in an older post that too much kale can raise their calcium too high so I'm definetly cutting back on that. But I didn't know it would turn their pee white so thanks for pointing that out.

Much of the time her pee is dark orange. So is that normal?

Latest posts

Back