Short tailed opossums?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an oppossum

oppossum2.jpg

This is a different kind........they are frombrazil and other places and are small marsupials that don't have apouch. they have a prehensal tail and are very tame and cute. I used toraise them. this one is called Olivia

The legality depends on the province or state.It is legal where I am. The problem was, when the monkey pox scare cameout, the U.S. banned the export/import of 2 animals, one of which wasthe sto. It originally came from a gambian rat, but theanimals in that shipment were bitten and teted positive for it. whichis also why they banned prairiedogs as pets in ost statees. it's ashame, because they make wonderful pets.

Maybe they will lift the ban eventually.

my best chance is getting them form a canadian breeder

I don't know what the personality of the virginia or canadian opposuu\ms is like so I can't answer that.

I do know that the sto's I had were very very tame and friendly. I usedto sit at the comp typing and one of them would either be on myshoulder or be curled up sleeping in my shirt pocket or hoodie

I've never been bitten by one

Latest posts

Back