Shepardsville, KY show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I woke up early and figured I'd actually post on the forum again instead of lurking.

I'm taking 8 dutch with me to Shepardsville today,

Black sr doe(1 leg already)

Black jr doe(Debut show)- homebred

Gray Sr buck (2 legs already)- homebred

tortoise sr buck(several BOV, BOS's but no legs)-homebred

tortoise sr doe(just turned sr, but debut show)- out of my gray buck

Steel sr doe(dam has 17 legs and she's got awesome type, markings a shade off)

steel jr buck(debut show)- bought for a friend and couldn't arrange transport

Steel jr doe(debut show)-homebred

So I'm excited with my prospects, one thing or another has kept me from showing several of them the last time a show came up that I could get to. Shall be interesting getting there, I lost one of my carriers to my horse getting into the barn and stepping on it(1000 pound horse vs 2 hole carrier- horse won)and a friend borrowed one of my others last year and still hasn't returned/replaced it, so I've got cat carriers going and one loose in the car until I get there and can pick up a few carriers at the show.

Anyone else, Kelly, are you going???

Wishing you all the luck at the show today!

Hoping your debut buns do well. Kick butt!

Have a safe trip. Can't wait to hear how goes. If you can, take pics. Or better yet, movie.

K:)

I did take some pics and I really did kick some bunny butt in Show A! One of my 10 week old's took BOB(she was a black), and her sister took BOV steel in Show A. Show B wasn't as good to us. I'll get the full run down and images up tomorrow. I'm dead tired!

In show B, the black Sr doe that took BOB is half sister to my black and steel 10 week olds. Same dam, different sires. There was me, a friend and her two sons showing dutch. most of our dutch are all related in one way or another- we work together on our dutch herds.

Congratulations! Glad to hear you kick some bunny butt!

Can't wait to see pics after you recover! Know that feeling! But it's a good tired feeling.

K:)

There was only one youth shower- Rockin something rabbitry- so they took all their winnings
Show A
BOV black- my junior doe
BOSV black-Buckeye Hollow Farms sr buck
BOV blue- BHF's blue sr doe(only blue to show)
BOV gray- my gray buck(only gray to show)
BOV Steel- my junior doe- sister to the black jr doe
BOSV Steel- a jr buck I had bought to transport to nY for a friend that said never mind after i had bought him, i sold him before I was even fully registered to a 4Her in Indiana before the show started but I still had to show him- partially regretting that but it's okay.
BOV & BOSV Tort- BHF's torts- my two torts were not really ready but I took 'em anyway.
BOB- my black jr doe
BOS- my steel jr buck
This is my first ever BOB or BOS- I'm soo elated! I had so many people tell me not to bring the sister 10 week olds, but I chose to anyway. Their dam, Keisha, has been one of my favorite does for the longest time but she got nipped in the nose and has some 'battle scars' that would DQ her off the table but not her offspring!

Show B
BOV black- BHF's black buck(actually father to my 10 week olds- we swap bucks every so often)
BOSV-black BHF's senior doe- another doe out of Keisha
BOV Blue- BHF's blue sr doe(again only one)
BOV Gray- my gray sr buck (again only one)
BOV Steel- My steel sr doe(bought her from Gerhart)
BOSV Steel- my steel jr buck (BHF's steel sr buck has war wounds that the first judge didn't dq him for, but this one did so I had the only steel buck for Show B)
BOV &BOSV tort- BHF's torts- again my two torts weren't really ready but we gave it a wing anyway.
BOB-BHF's black sr doe
BOSV-BHF's black sr buck

I only brought my torts because I wanted comments on my buck. My buck is a homebred and I'm still fighting to get him back into coat condition. He didn't take my move very well and the swtiching of feed(No Neutrena down here, I'm on Manna Pro right now and I make a mix for him). My tort doe is form BHF and her brother and half sisters were the ones on the table.

DSCN0370.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

Best in Show- Show B above- That's not me, that's Catherine from BHF and her doe Natalie

DSCN0387.jpg

Latest posts

Back