Shen has a bald spot šŸ˜±

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I already knew to take Shen to the vet for this to make sure it wasn't mites or anything. Fortunately, it's not. Instead it is unknown what caused it. But the vet did do a flea treatment, set up an appointment for Xiao Wu to get treatment, and he gave us antibiotics for the spot because there was a tiny bit of an infection. Glad we caught it when we did!

IMG_20211007_181458.jpg

Before being asked, yes. He was scratching excessively and that's when we noticed the bald spot. We made sure we got him to the vet, quickly. I figure I would post this here for anyone else to see.

If your rabbit is scratching excessively and you find a bald spot with what looks like an open wound, get them to the vet to make sure it's nothing serious. Like mites or fleas. We suspect it was fleas because of my mother-in-law's dog who had them. (Another reason I don't let the dog near my room anymore.)

Thanks to posts on this forum, I was able to make the right decision and get treatment for Shen.

Edit: I haven't had a chance to vacuum the floor today, yet. So sorry for the mess.

Fleas wouldn't have been my bet, and an unususl spot for mites too. First thought would have been a fungal infection like Ringworm.

Fleas wouldn't have been my bet, and an unususl spot for mites too. First thought would have been a fungal infection like Ringworm.
No. We had fleas and he was scratching there constantly. The vet didn't see any fungal or ring worm infection. (Shen has a spot near his left eye where he has been scratching as well. Common spots for fleas.) Because of Shen's black fur, bald spots are easy to see. We don't know if Xiao Wu have any bald spots since her fur is white.

IĀ“m so glad too. Get well soon Chin ā¤and thumbs up to you ArtistChibi!
ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤
Chin ā¤

O boy - sorry for the misspelling
It's all good. He ignores his name, anyway, because he's mad at us for the medication and vet visit. LOL

Latest posts

Back