Shelter Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to the shelter in St. Cloud yesterday and noticed that they hadmore bunnies than usual. They usually are lucky if they haveone or two but yesterday they had like 6 or 7. Some Rex/Mini and some Dwarf Hotots. Is there more becausepeople just don't want to go out in the cold to take care ofthem. In our town we barely ever have bunnies.Robert

Most likely there are more this time of yearbecause it is six month after Easter, and the "fun" of getting a rabbitfor Easter has worn off and now people begin to unload them.

Buck

I agree with Buck. There is also the"fall out" from people who have purchased from the countyfairs. As the weather cools, people are reluctant to gooutside and feed. There is also the fact that people are sobusy, kids have other interests, and night comes early now.

I tell people "If you want to have a rabbit outside, buy a lawn ornament".

Pam

Our local shelter has alot right now as well.Unfortantly only two are friendly rabbits:X:X:XThose two wentto ahome right away. The rest they called me about wanting meto take because they didnt want to put them down. Unfortantly I donthave any open space or time. I told them they are going through theirteens right now by how they described them so hopefully they will givethem some time. They are usauly pretty good about that. I myself endedup with a few rabbits starting about two weeks ago. I woke up the othernight just after going to bed to the dogs barking and I saw lightsgoing down our drive. I went to the door and found a box full of babyrabbits. All of them were very friendly and they looked like frenchlops about five or sixweeks old. I took them to work with meand found all but one of them homes so far. I also took in threeflemish in the last couple of weeks. All three from different placesand all three in their wanting to get breed stage. It seems likeeveryone has rabbits in their teenage right now. I think I need toinvest in a pair of boxing gloves for when I try to feed them. LOL.Never before seen such naughty flemish gals as I have seen in the lastcouple of weeks.:?Oh and at work we have been gaining rabbitsin the rabbit display that we have. Luckly the only rabbits people cansneak into the store are the little babies but we did have one put onour door step of the store. It was a older buck that looked like a overweight dwarf. One of the guys that work there fell in love and took ithome with him. Im not sure totaly what is going on with the babiesshowing up all of a sudden and the older rabbits that have been showingup. Like the dwarf that showed up. He looks pretty developed so I amthinking that he is at least a year or two.

Latest posts

Back