Shedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauratunes12

Reaction score
Faith (14 week old holland lop) has this weird triangle shape on her head where there is less fur and it is rougher. I thought maybe she is molting, but I don't really see any more fur anywhere, so if she is molting, she ate it. She does seem to be eating, peeing, and pooping fine.

The other weird thing, is that she used o be fine with us picking her up, and now we open her cage and she runs and hides in her cardboard box. She's totally happy while out though. Pre-puberty maybe?

not sure what would be causing the weird patch, but she shouldn't be losing her juvenile coat yet

Just got some pictures of her

486761_4295031767134_930418376_n.jpg

and

60623_4295039647331_1790275114_n.jpg

I just checked her pellets, and the first ingredient is alfalfa, but there's a bunch of "soybean byproduct and oat meal byproduct" or something like that in it as well. The package says "Complete Rabbit feed". (I can't remember the brand)

We were out of bedding for a week, and so she had to just poop and pee straight in the litterbox(I felt so bad) if that makes any difference.

Thats the starting of a molt line. I dont have any pictures of our babies but the head and back is usually where it starts first. She is just over 3 months so she is right about that age. My babies started it at 4 months and are still going a month later. But mine stay outside so Im sure that doesn't help.

I may have done the math wrong too. She was born June 27.

Good to know she's just molting. We will make sure and brush her more, because we did it on occasion before, but its kinda futile with a baby coat. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back