Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXX55

Reaction score
My bun is shedding like crazy:sweep. I mean really bad....... I know two heavy molts come around every year but I never seen one sooooo heavy. My question is how long should this last?It's been going on for about 5 days now.

Is anyone else experiencing this as we post? I'm hoping that cuddles doesn't get a hairball......

Thanks.

My bunnies can molt heavily for weeks at a time it seems (a whole month straight is not unusual). 5 days is not long at all! Mine will also shed quickly at first, but towards the end of the shed it will slow down and they'll have tufts of fur around their tails for weeks afterwards, no matter how much I brush.

My bun was shedding for almost 2 months, it was crazy. All summer I was grooming him for hours. Now he has a beautiful coat! I was really nervous too, but its normal. As long as you don't notice bald spots or anything!

Holland_Lop wrote:
My bun was shedding for almost 2 months, it was crazy. All summer I was grooming him for hours. Now he has a beautiful coat! I was really nervous too, but its normal. As long as you don't notice bald spots or anything!
Plenty of rabbits do get bald spots during shedding, so even that can be normal.

My bun always seems like she is shedding. I'm actually going to go buy a comb and see if she'll be cool with me combing her.

Latest posts

Back