shedding season !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentley

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone goes through this at least twice a year.. when your rabbit sheds their coat! Bentley has fur everywhere! I swear, every time i put my hand on her back another 2 pounds of fur comes off >.< I know its naturally, but is there anyway to get most of it off? I have super bad allergies, and though I try to brush her out it doesn't work to well. Any tips?? Thanks :)

:) both of my rexes are going thru a mega moult. i use a lint roller to groom them. their fur makes my face and eyes itch if i get it on me, and i've found the roller a great help. rexy fur is quite fine tho' in previous threads on this subject a furminator has been recommended.

good luck!!:D

Silas and Sabriel shed/molt at the same time, so I use a furminator to brush them.. :biggrin2:

I get SO much gray fur from the two of them! It's insane! :hyper:

It's always flying in the air as chunks cause I have fans.. it's crazy! :panic:

It always ends up in my eyes, nose, mouth, food, drinks, EVERYTHING! :scared::yuck

Good luck with finding the perfect way for you to brush your buns ;) I highly recommend the furminator!

Are you using a good brush/the right brush?

I use a wire-comb dog brush for my rabbits. Though some may be against it (saying it is too 'rough'), I feel it works out fine. Although I must admit, there does be still hair flying when I pet them ;)

Mine is like this one:
SmallDogSlickerBristleBrushCombPink-M.jpg

OMG for a month my bunnies are shedding something fierce and I can't keep up with the hair flying everywhere. I brush Sophie he loves it but Bentley doesn't like to be pet most of the time so that's out. I have used the Furminator on my cats and dogs it is the greatest thing for de-shedding and thinning the coat, I love it!

This time of year - or whenever the "big shed" hit, I'd take Miss Hoppy outside, and pet her on the top step, where fur could just fly off in the breeze.When I ended up with clumps of fur, they would float and I'd feel bad if someone was walking and got bunny fur in the face. She was small - just about 4 pounds, and sometimes it felt like there was more fur than bunny! she wouldn't tolerate a brush or a lint roller, but I could pluck tufts forever, and she didn't mind that.

I am going through that with my lionhead and it is his first moult so it is that much worse. Atleast with my other buns it isn't as much fur. Poor thing looks so ugly with patches of long fluffy fur and patches of shorter fur. I had to move everybody to the basement for now because I was finding fur in food I had just started preparing.

it hasnt been too bad so far for my two but then again it seems that Jezz is constantly shedding...but i havent been plucking out the tufts lately (been sick and not moving around much, darn colds); but Martie it seemed was just a few tufts from his butt and the shedding was done, i almost dont believe it ^^

Latest posts

Back