shedding/molting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub793

Reaction score
my bunbun seems to be molting. his hair is just EVERYWHERE! how long does this process take? do they do this at certain times of the year? and he is looking quite shabby because of it? i have tried brushing him but it is a never ending process and the hair just keeps coming! i have "hair" tumble weeds everywhere!:X do all breeds molt?

Most moult. It's the worst season of the year for bun owners, lol. Taking them outside to get fur off is a good way, just start pulling it off in the wind.;)

You'll see lighter hair colors sticking out from the back, these can be pulled. It's just a process, takes a month or so, depending on where u live and the weather.:)

jujub793 wrote:
my bunbun seems to be molting. his hair is just EVERYWHERE! how long does this process take? do they do this at certain times of the year? and he is looking quite shabby because of it? i have tried brushing him but it is a never ending process and the hair just keeps coming! i have "hair" tumble weeds everywhere!:X do all breeds molt?
unfortunately this is the nature of the beast,,rabbits are consumate chewers and groomers-definitely increase grasses and water consumption during molting periods.//.brushing or using damp hands wil help,,so as the rabbit will not ingest as much fur--sincerely james waller,,fruit tree branches/twigs (from the safe list http://www.medirabbit.com )-will alsocontrol teeth-,and aid digestion...:wink

we feel your pain--all of ours look out of focus right now. The funny thing is that they don't all shed the same--Peter has patches, Char goes from bottom to top ending with a Mohawk look, Serena has an all-over out of focus look, etc. Hair everywhere and you can't brush enough.

lol yeah poor Wally looks like somebody shaved his middle! i can't wait for him to stop but as my luck would haveit my rex will probably start then...:disgust:

Yeah the more often you groom and help them get rid of the old coat that is loosening off, the faster and easier it will go. Outdoors if you can, to prevent loose fur from running all over the home! I didn't realize summer was the worst season of molting until all 3 of mine synch'ed their molt clock up in June. Eep!

Latest posts

Back