She peed on her back feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha Leigh

Reaction score
My boyfriends female bunny, Penny, has been lazy all day today.
She didn't eat her food this morning, which is very unusal for her.
From 4:30-8:30pm she sat in one spot and when she finally moved, I went to check on her.
Under her tail, bum, and feet were covered in pee.
I cleaned her bum as best I could with a warm damp cloth and dried her.
After that she went straight to her litter but only a little dribble came out before she went to a new corner and flopped down.
I know none of this is good, and we will be taking her to the vet in the morning if nothing gets better, but does anyone know what could be wrong?
I'm thinking UTI or another urinary tract problem.
She isn't fixed and our male cat has been in her penned area of the house lately, could it be marking?
She also has been tapping her front paw though, so I'm wondering if something else is wrong and she's trying to get attention by not moving and just peeing where she's been xsitting.

Anytime a rabbit refuses food, it's a good idea to take immediate action. This is indicative of something wrong. Often it is the beginning of a GI issue. Sitting still and in a 'football' pose is another indication of gas discomfort. First thing I would do is offer simethicone (baby gas drops) to alleviate the gas pains and get her eating again.

The peeing on herself could be something different (or possibly related to being so uncomfortable from gas). Jenny, I'm sure, will have more advice to offer.

Anytime a rabbit refuses food, it's a good idea to take immediate action. This is indicative of something wrong. Often it is the beginning of a GI issue. Sitting still and in a 'football' pose is another indication of gas discomfort. First thing I would do is offer simethicone (baby gas drops) to alleviate the gas pains and get her eating again.

The peeing on herself could be something different (or possibly related to being so uncomfortable from gas). Jenny, I'm sure, will have more advice to offer.

Thank you! We are calling and taking her in the morning as soon as we can, unfortunatly it's currently 10pm, so not much we can do until morning :(. I just hope she's not in pain.

Latest posts

Back