She ATE a crayon!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
Ellie took several huge bites out of a crayon! Thats probably not good right?!
I'm pretty sure that crayons are non-toxic because they're for kids, but are they non-toxic for rabbits?
Do you guys think she's going to be okay?

Why do rabbits eat things they're not supposed to? A crayon, really?!

I should have known it was Ellie when I saw that post. Crayons are non toxic so in that regards I would think it would be safe. Hopefully it won't cause a blockage since digesting it could be a problem. I know Thumper chewed some plastic trim from our door many months ago and he is fine.

Wouldn't it be nice if they had the sense to not eat what they shouldn't?! Life with a bunny would be so much easier and less worrisome.

Well, she did just eat a piece of her litter box, so I hope there isn't any blockage happening. Do they poop out pieces of stuff, like dogs do? My friends dog used to eat Polly Pocket's and used to poop out the arms and stuff, it was hilarious. Do rabbits poop stuff out like that, like does that stuff pass?
I know they have a hard time with carpet and towel fibers, so I hope that the other stuff passes and doesn't just collect. Ugh, now I'm worried. :(

as we say in the south 'God love her'.

that said, I would think crayons would pass easier than fibrous things. Luckily we've only had chewing of antique tables here but I'd think fibers would be prone to absorb and expand, causing obvious blockage problems while a crayon is pretty much as big as it's going to get. Remember the girl whose rabbit ate her lipstick? Bun was fine.

and I wish I knew why they eat what they shouldn't. There's ONE plant in my rabbit yard that gives Georgie the runs. I have to be on the watch for it and pluck it whenever I see it or the little dork noshes down on it like it's candy. Rabbits!

Moss once ate a potato bug, also known as a roly-poly! It was kind of sad because the poor thing was scared and just rolled up in a ball on the floor of Moss's cage, and he walked right over and ate it!

Aren't rabbits supposed to vegetarians? XD

Unfortunately some rabbits live to chew so if they can fit their mouth on it, that means it's chewable. If it's non toxic for kids it should be alright, just have to watch for blockages. Don't get me started on dogs--Dozilla ate: a running shoe, a tube of cortizone minus the cap, an aluminum dryer vent off the side of the house, the knobs, wiring and tubing off my BBQ, numerous towels, socks and underwear, plastic, rubber, aluminum and tin cans, all the pears off my dwarf tree 3 years in a row, wood, and bars of soap. I know this because the items were missing and the remnants appeared in a most unappealing manner. Probably the most fantastic was when he ate the carpet that was stapled to the floor of the dog house as well as the staples. He was our small Doberman at 95 pounds as the other tow were giants. Also, he passed in his sleep at 13 1/2.

Hahaha. Dogzilla, what a great name for a big dog Larry.
My step mom had this Jack Russell that ate everything too! He pooped out a beer cap once. How he passed that was unbelievable.

I don't know why or how they eat the things that they eat. It makes no sense. I think Ellie will be alright from the crayon. My whole house eats weird things, my chickens eat the strangest things including the paint off my back door. My kid put glue stick on his lips like chapstick. I'm pretty sure that they're all crazy or they're all like wild animals. So hopefully everyone makes it through the weird things they eat or put on themselves.

It should be okay as long as it can make it through the intestines. Crayons are non-toxic. My vet advised me to grate them up and mix them in my cat's food when he was sick and I had to know if he was pooping (isolating him from the other cats caused him to become depressed).

bad bunny!! hahaha!! I think she'll be fine. my boys ate drywall, cords off of weedwacker and lawnmower. etc. they can get into anything. clyde uses my lawnmower bag as a hammock!!! best wishes!!!

Latest posts

Back