Shallow people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
I deal with skin problems (acne can get bad, had to go on Accutane before as I have very resistant skin), and I have been rejected by a LOT of people because of this (date-wise). People think it is really unattractive to have acne and will not look past that. It is very frustrating and really takes a toll on my self confidence. Why can't people just look past the physical and appreciate the personality? I would never say "no" because a guy had acne. That is just ridiculously shallow. When it clears up, you could be the prettiest girl they'd ever seen, but they don't give you a chance. :sigh:

People are awful. I too have acne due to overzealous hormones, and people(even my own family!) Would make comments about it. Just remember, if they act like that over a little bit of acne, do you REALLY want to be with them? I say forget about them and find someone worth your time who respects you and loves you for who you are, not what you look like. Acne isn't forever.

People are superficial, both by nature & because of our culture. Most of the bad people in movies & tv shows are portrayed as less attractive than the good people. Maybe it would help to realize that the people with no beauty problems can't tell when people like them for themselves & which are superficial.

Aww I just wanted to say that I used to have acne and both my adult children do and they are the most beautiful adult kids ever! Don't let anyone make you feel less because of your acne. hugs Mine cleared up when I got older.

my sister had baaad acne too...all over her, shouldesrs and back...she used proavtic and a med perscribed my dr and it cleared up really well. her personality, though, has always attracted guys, acne or not. sometimes, no matter how you look, personality does matter. you have to get noticed though, not hide behind your downfalls thinking no one will notice you. make yourself noticed.

i became more outgoing after school...well demanding, bossy, and dominent, and MADE people notice me and respect me. it worked out, even with my physical flaws.

you will get past something small like acne, and you dont want your experiance to weaken it. let it make you stronger and embrace this moment in your life where shallow people are all around you

I also have suffered with acne (and I wouldnt consider it to be something small especially when it's on your face) it does affect how you feel about yourself. I was eventually diagnosed through a blood test that showed my hormones to be off and was prescribed a daily medication. It is the only thing that has worked for me. Many years ago I had a doctor prescribe antibiotics which didn't work, used a prescription topical lotion which didn't work, bought many, many over the counter products which didn't work....very frustrating

I have the acne under control but now have rosacea (which makes your face flush) I have had laser treatment for the redness but it hurt like heck and is not covered by insurance so I had to stop. I have tried very expensive redness reducing products that did nothing. I finally had to resort to an expensive makeup (which I buy from my dermatologist) to cover my face. It works great and makes me feel 100% better about myself. And the best part is I no longer get stupid questions from people asking me if I'm warm, sunburned, or embarrassed.

I too have bad acne and cover up with make-up. Honestly I have never been bullied or picked on because of it but I am very self concious about it.

I always had bad acne. :/ I had it on my back too when I was about 14. But I ended up going to the doctor the beginning of this year because it was still bad and they gave me a cream I put on every night and I wash my face twice a day with this Clean and Clear face wash and now the only time I get a few pimples is around 'time of the month.' I use to be self conscious about it especially when it was all over my face and then I didn't want to go to school.

Latest posts

Back