Shaking Head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
I have been working with my bunny Lego this weekend to help her thru a case of stasis. (I have a thread lower down in the infirmary). She's doing a bit better now, pooping (tho they are small) and eating some greens, hay & pumpkin.

However, this morning I've seen her shaking her head repeatedly. This is something I had not seen in her until this morning, and I can tell it's definitely bothering her. Last night I had her on the dryer for belly rubs, and had her hay bin on it's side so she could eat some hay as well. Well she was digging thru the hay and had it all over herself.... she was completely covered in hay. I'm wondering if hay fragments might have gone down inside her ear canals. O if that is just highly impossible, and it's more likely that she's developed an ear infection. I sure hope not... my heart is completely paralysed from the last time (you mightremember my posts aboutJacub).

Anyone have any thoughts about if it could be hay fragments?

Thanks,

Sandra

When does she shake her head? What are she, and you doing when she shakes her head?

I ask because shaking the ears is one of the ways rabbits communicate. Hershey usually does it when we are playing and he is "teasing" me.

Latest posts

Back