Sexing rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Well as most of you already know i have 5 around3 month old rabbits. Well today when i was cleaning out thecage i put Brownie and Oreo together because i thought that they wereboth girls and then Brownie got on Oreo and i just thought it was forAlpha position or whatever but i took her off and picked himup and she is a BOY. SO then i thought well i'll check therest of them and Oreo is a girl and so is Fluffy, but i got to Muffinand shes a BOY then i got to Cinnamon and shes a BOY too so now i havelike 6 males and 3 femlaes. So if any of you are going to buyany young rabbits make sure the breeder or you know how to check therabbits. Or at least you don't put them togetherLOL.Robert

Thanks for the info Robert. The same thinghappened to me when I bought my two rabbits. And i even brang them to avet to see if they were a female or male! What happened was, I boughtmy two rabbits from the pet store and theytold us to bringthe rabbits to the vet to checkout if they were male or female. And sowe did and the vet told us that Snowy was a girl and Cotton ball was aboy. We believed the vet until our two rabbits reachedmaturity.We would check on them once and a while and we wouldsee them fighting like catsand dogs!:shock: They wouldpractically bite eacothers fur out and leave marks in eachothers skinfrom there teeth!:shock:We immedetley seperated them. Wedidn't understand why a male and female rabbit would do this toeachother.:? Then i went on to the internet and checked how you canfind out the sex of a rabbit. I followed the rules on the internet andfound out Snowy and Cotton Ball were two boys:pAnd so theywere seperated ever since. So the morale of the story is to do ityourself cause even the vets can be wrong lol.:p:)

:DCassandra:D

Yeah we thought Max was a boy... but that's cozshe was only about 4 inches when we bought her and sexing her was verydifficult at that size. Anyways, we checked a month later andwe've definately got a girl. She's got a totally differenttemprement to laid back Henry and is quite vicious sometimes.She bit Henry in the eye the other day when I was holding her then bitmeand bit Danthe othernight when hepicked her up. A bit the same as my last female Rosie... shewas a right biter too! :? Lets hope when they bothget neutered, she'll calm down. She keeps trying to get inhis hutch too... mad Max I think!

Latest posts

Back