Sexing 9 day old babies!! (with pics)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punkygirl0101

Reaction score
I found a female dutch bunny who was clearly pregnant, and a week later she gave birth to 6 babies (4 of which were still born). The babies are now 9 days old (one if half the size of the other). I need help sexing them! I think I have a boy and a girl, but not sure (I have enough trouble with older bunnies!). So figured maybe you guys can help!

DSCN9985.jpg

The little one, who I think is a boy.

DSCN9990.jpg

And baby 2, who I think is a girl..I am probably wrong!

DSCN9983.jpg

And both, for size comparison!

Its hard to sex at that age, And you have to push down there privates to tell the difference. And a boy looks like a donut, And a girl is a taco.

Boys will generally have a straw shape--rounded--females will have a somewhat triangular shape. You have to spread the area open to get a look at what is tucked inside. Also was told that rabbits are the only mammals where the male does not have nipples, just the females.

"Also was told that rabbits are the only mammals where the male does not have nipples, just the females."

Rats, and mice as well. Ill take a look to see if they have nipples...Though I think my male adult rabbit has nipples, and he is for sure a male (Testicles).

That nipples thing is very intriguing. Might help me a lot with my sexing, too. Is that really accurate?

Nine days can be a bit too early to accurately tell. They are cute though!

Latest posts

Back