Sexing 8 week old

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyKate

Reaction score
We wanted a companion bunny for our doe, so we purchased this little bun from a breeder. We were guaranteed that this 8 week old was a doe, but it looks like a buck to me. What do you think? I want to take care of this ASAP because we do NOT want a buck with our doe, and I do not want to get attached either! :)
1599245546643.png1599245593175.png1599245621909.png

I think it is a doe, but here is a link that will help. If it does turn out to be a buck, you can get him neutered when he turns 12 weeks, and after a month of waiting for him to heal began bonding them. Males and females normally bond faster than females and females.

Thank you! I have been looking at links, but when I apply minimal pressure, it is very cylindrical in shape (instead of the V or slit). Maybe I need to take another photo for reference with someone else taking the photo. Our vet will not neuter until they are much older, and the breeder is willing to exchange kits .... it is just quite a long drive and I want to know if others are seeing what I'm seeing!

That's a boy. The slit doesn't go down all the way, and it has a very cylindrical shape even if the slit itself is not round. Both of those are features of a buck. Bucks can look like does sometimes. Does rarely look like bucks. I found that if I have question about the sex, or looks like something in between, it's usually a buck.

Latest posts

Back