Sewing for Bunns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have 13 rats in addition to Mary Jane, and I sew a LOT for them. I make hammocks of various types, shelf liners, things like that for them.

Are there things that people sew for bunnies? I'm not so sure they'd use a hammock, although I assume it's different for every rabbit. So far I've sewn a few little pillows for her to toss around, and today I'm piecing together a little fleece blanky.

Any ideas?

I think pillows and blankets are about it. If you wanted to be really crafty, maybe you could make a little tent somehow to use as a hiding-house.

I am really not sure what else you could make because I am not a sewer. Hopefully others will chime in on this one. :)

myheart

I make cubes for my rats, I wonder if MJ would appreciate a rabbit sized one? I'll get to cracking on that and get some pics up when it's done. :)

That is really cool that you are talented enough to do something like that! Post pictures for us to see your creations when they are done!

Aly! :)

I would sew a rabbit sized cube using batting for support. I am not very good at making cubes, but I am working on rabbit sized ones. I am also working on rabbit sized "Triangle Tunnels" (featured on my website) using batting.

Rabbits will also enjoy "cage pads" made with batting. I'd just use fleece/flannel/cotton like you would rats.

:)

Cage pads, eh? I like that idea. And the tunnel thing looks neat as well!

I made the cube with padding but it turned out too small. >.< Looks like this one will be for the rats, too, haha! I cut some more pieces and have enough fabric to work with now. I'll sew it together tomorrow. :D

She really likes the blanky though. :D And her pillows.

one of our petshops sells extremely expensive furniture for bunnies, in a choice of pink and black. daughter bugs me every time we go in there to get them a sofa:rollseyes

im into patchwork, quilting and sewing in general and you can definitely make pads and blankets cheaper. i've used up scraps making dog blankets - dont mind so much when it gets chewed. the only thing thats stopped me from doing the same for the bunnies is that, according to daughter, roxy wants hot pink with the playboy bunny print and satin ribbon binding. hartleybun wants the same in black.....

Latest posts

Back