Sevre Allergies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm just curious about who has sevre allergies? I have a sevre allergy with nuts and tree fruits. When I wastwo, we went out to have some Chinese food and I had a dish with walnuts in it. I didn't feel well when we camehome and went to bed. I woke upvomitting andmy face was bright red and swollen. My mom rushed me to the hospital where we realized I was anaphylacticwith nuts and treenuts. The doctor said if I hadn't woken up, I'd have died in my sleep.

It's kind of a drag because I have to read the labels for everything, carry my epi-pen (adrenaline shot) and be very careful. It's kind of hard, because in a year or so I'll be looking into dating adn I really don't trust anyone,more so about the horror stories I've heard about people with allergies and dating. :?How did you surivive dating with your allergy?

Ooh! And another cool thing. There's this peanut free peanut butter called 'Peabutter' made from peas thats supposed to taste and have the texture of peanut butter (although my friend tasted it and said it was nasty). And do you know what's cool? It has bunnies on the front! :D

english_label_3-23-03.jpg

I have no severe allergies at all, but i know some people who are very severly allergic to nuts. 1 guy in our scl, is highly allergic to them so no one in our scl can have nuts brought to scl! Ill tell him and other people i know about peabutter thanx!

My daughter is allergic to peanuts. I will have to try that peabutter you posted about. Thanks!

I am allergic to fish (regular fish, not shellfish). It's strange, I know. I didn't develop the allergy until I was an adult. I REALLY miss fish. :(

Hey. I don't have allergies, but a close family member of mine is also allergic to tree nuts. What part of dating are you afraid of? Having to eat out or go out to eat? If that's the case, I don't think you have to be too worried - just as long as you know what you can and cannot have - you order your own food etc. Even if you told the person you were dating that you were allergic to tree nuts so you had to go somewhere special to eat or you had to bring your own snacks to the movies ... I'm sure no one would think anything about it since so many people have the peanut and tree nut allergy.

sheridan wrote:
I am severly allergic to latex
I'm allergic to Cellophane, if that makes any sense what-so-ever. I can't touch it, or I break out in severe rashes wherever I touch it, and my skin will actually turn purple. I itch, and I end up with hives that last the rest of the day. I can't eat food that's been wrapped in Cellophane either, as it will cause severe itching in my throat. No one has ever heard of a Cellophane allergy, I think I'm weird, LOL.

Thanks!

I may have to get tested for shellfish this summer (They prick your back with a needle then put a small amount of the substance on your back to see how your skin reacts to it). Oh, and Laura, there's a company called Chapmans icecream that's nut free just not sure if it's in the states. Most of their stuff I can't have though because it has coconut in it though.

With dating, I'm just worried if he ate a candy bar that had nuts in it before or something else that had nuts, then wanted to kiss, because people my age I do not trust with my life.

My friend just noticed she had a latex allergy this year. We were in drama acting with the masks, and her skin started swelling and getting all red.

Thanks again!

Spring wrote:
With dating, I'm just worried if he ate a candy bar that had nuts in it before or something else that had nuts, then wanted to kiss, because people my age I do not trust with my life.

AH ok got it. That is a really tough one. Not sure I have any advice to give on that one... I will ask my cousin how he deals with it - he has been dating for a while now.

I'm not severely allergic to anything, not to the point I'd die or something like that. If I am, I havent found out about it!

I am allergic to cats, though. Which... doesn't matter much because I have two cats! :?I know, smart.

My sister is allergic to strawberries; she has severe reactions if she even mouthes it, she doesnt even have to have eaten the strawberry. We're afraid to try any other berries just in case. Last time she had one, she was in Kindergarten and about died. And it was ONE strawberry! :shock:

You should maybe look into getting her tested about berries. You can just go to your family doctor and ask for a referal to an allergist. You just have to lay on your back, and they prick your back with a needle (Doesn't hurt, just stings for a second) then put asmall drop of the substance on your back. I think you wait 20 minutes and see how your skin reacts. If it is deep red and swollen, you have a high reaction to that (For me, peanuts are the worst-mylevel is I think 4+++). Something to look into.

I went to a allergist a few years ago as my mom is allergic to alcohol and chocolate just to the point where most of the time she gets stuffed up and a migraine for a couple of days. Occasionally I will get stuffed up (but thankfully no migraines) when I drink a beer every now and then, so I went to see a allergist. I laid there on that table while he pricked my back and applied all these different foods and whatnot. Then at the end of the appointment, he gave me a piece of paper (I cannot find it anywhere) that told me I was allergic to all sorts of weird things like GREEN BEANS!? Nothing has ever happened to me when I eat green beans or any kind of beans for that matter?:dunno My mom is the only one in the family with any allergies so I hope it stops there!

I'm moderately allergic to cats. I can be in the same room with one for a little while and be ok. If it's shedding a lot, I'll start sneezing within ten minutes. If I touch it and touch my face, it's over. First my throat starts itching and my eyes get watery. I start sneezing ten times in a row. My eyes start to swell to the point where I can't open them anymore.

I don't know what happens after that. I've never let it get that far. I'm afraid my throat will swell to the point that I won't be able to breathe. I love cats though. It's so unfair. The weird thing is that there is one cat I've never had a reaction to. My grandma's cat Solovino could lay on my face and I would be fine. Her other cat Sia I was HIGHLY allergic to. I don't know what that's about. I haven't met a cat since then that I haven't been allergic to though.

I couldn't live with an allergy to a certain animal!

I went to a 'natural path's' thing a few years back (My Oma believes in that stuff) and had to hold a copper rod or something (I really can't remember) and it showed up on a screen what I was allergic to. It said I was highly allergic to eggs? (Hm.. odd since I eat them OFTEN) And highly allergic to citrus. Ok, the citrus may have been correct because I do get bad gut aches and cramps when I eat lemon or lemonade, but still. I thought it was a joke when I went because it was so bizarre!

Spring, so I spoke to my cousin and he said he usually just tells the girls he is with that he is deathly allergic to tree nuts and he can't kiss them if they have eaten nuts of any kind and so far so good. So I guess he's not a good example...

_______
Nadia

I'm allergic to dairy, though it's not a life-threatening allergy. I'm also intolerant to corn and certain types of wheat.

HoneyPot wrote:
Spring, so I spoke to my cousin and he said he usually just tells the girls he is with that he is deathly allergic to tree nuts and he can't kiss them if they have eaten nuts of any kind and so far so good. So I guess he's not a good example...

_______
Nadia

Oh, ok thanks! I guess I'll just have to figure something out! :D

If I drink cows milk, or eat too much chocolate I get really bad excyma all over my body. But I cannot live without chocolate so sometimes I have to live with excyma on me, but then again thats my fault!

If anybody else suffers from excyma then try dermol 400 lotion, it is excellent! Its like a soap substitute, and you can use it in the shower as shower cream. There is also a dermol 400 cream in a small tube, which is stronger/thicker and works great on every day use. Usually any other cream I have to put on every 10 minutes for it to work. But dermol is fantastic! :D

Latest posts

Back