Severely dehydrated Bunny help pls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMama32

Reaction score
I have 3 kits that will be 4 weeks on the 19th. I've had alot of trouble with the runt off and on this whole time. She will eat really good for a few days to a week and then will not want to barely eat. I'm feeding them goats milk with KMR added. The other 2 are gaining weight regularly and doing great. But the runt a couple days ago started to not want to eat much maby 2cc if that for the last 2 days. At 2am I went to feed and she was laying on her side. I thought she was dead. I picked her up an she reared her head back and started pawing with her front legs but couldn't use rear legs. Wouldn't stand up etc. So I grabbed the pedialyte and syringe fed her about 3-5 ccs. She slowly started to come around within an hour. I fed her a few ccs every couple of hours so far.. the last feeding I tryed her milk and she took about 3ccs.. just checked on her and shes acting lethargic again. Tryed to give more pedialyte but she wont swallow it. Shes just letting it run out of her mouth... what can I do?

Get to a vet if you can. I don't know there's much else you can do at home if you can't get to a vet. It sounds to me like she is having a bad reaction to the formula. If she does come around I wouldn't feed her any more of that formula. She's old enough at 4 weeks to be eating solid food well. If she is eating solid food fine, then I would just eliminate the formula and let her continue to eat solid food.

Based on my experience with baby bunnies, they start eating solid food and drinking water at 2 1/2 - 3 weeks old. I try to slowly introduce water at the same time as food, because better safe than sorry. But please tey to speak with a vet ASAP. Hope the sweet baby will get better soon.

Latest posts

Back