Separating boys until neutering and bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi so as a new bunny owner I’m new to the situation. Today did to a previous post about honking I was informed I was to seperate them immediately due to excessive humping as well as the honking. I have done this tonight and will continue to do so until they have been neutered and healed so I can start the bonding process as they only have a “baby bond” after growing up together from being able 6/8 weeks. Due to this though I was wondering if it was possible to have them play out and have floor time at the same time under my supervision? Or is it best I keep them completely seperate until I bond them? My only issue with keeping them completely seprate is reducing the amount of floor time that they used to have by cutting it in half. As of right now they are in cages close to one another so that they can still smell and see each other and this will continue ones the boys are neutered. Any advice would be a huge help as I have really struggled separating them as they were very close and loved each other’s company other than the humping situation.

Will read here too, I am kinda new too I have two males 3.5 months old lionhead/dwarf and old rescued lionhead I don't know what age, they are with me 1,5 months young and about 1 month old and when I came to the cage with the young he tried to get the old and old peed near door so I assumed they are not going to be very friendly to each other before they are both neutered and put their cages as far as possible from each other so they can't see or smell each other, I let them out one by one and roll another rug for the old one so he can't smell the young. I don't know how it will go hopefully I'll get them both neutered next month or will have to find a new good family for the old rabbit. When i took him in from people who found him in cardboard box I didn't know much about rabbits and thought that two males will be fine together, hate keeping them all caged now.

Latest posts

Back