Separating babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judders15

Reaction score
Hello, after the surprise arrival of 4 bunnies, we made it to 8 weeks and all happy and healthy. I wondered at what point I need to separate the boys and girls? And when can they be apart from mum?

Picture of percy the fluffiest buns
Thank you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1672839179491.jpg
    FB_IMG_1672839179491.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
In a pinch kits could be weaned at 4 weeks (but should stay together), it's best to keep them with the doe to at least 8 weeks though.
When you need to put the boys in a seperate place depends a little on the breed size, I seperate my 9-10lbs mutts at about 12 weeks, with a very small breed I woulkd do that rather around 9 weeks.

Once weaned, about 6-8 weeks, Mom can be moved out, and kits left together until Preitler said
They are 8 weeks today and fully weaned. I don't know if mum is still feeding them but they are eating hay, pellets and veg. Once I've sexed them for sure tomorrow can I leave girls in with mum until they have been booked in to be neutered and take the boys out? Thanks

You can, as long as they are getting along. Watch them pretty close and separate if there are signs of them not getting along.

Latest posts

Back