Separated bonded bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2peasinapod

Reaction score
So my roommate and I bought bunnies at the same time, and she just moved out. The bunnies already bonded, but she had to take hers with her. How do I keep my bunny from being aggressive? I know she’ll miss her friend. I know you’re never supposed to separate bonded bunnies, but we had no choice.

It's not a great situation, but I think everyone can understand that such situations happen. Give your bun lots of love and attention, she'll be feeling very lonely. I would worry slightly less about aggression and more about your bun being very alone and unhappy, which could manifest as depression or perhaps aggression, although that wouldn't necessarily be what I'd expect.

Spend lots of time on the floor giving your bun as much love and attention as she wants. Also, offer lots of toys and activities to keep her occupied.

Is she spayed? How old is she? I would also consider if you are in a position to do so, finding her a neutered male of roughly the same age and size at a local rescue or shelter. She has likely already proved to be a bun who likes having a friend, so she may be open to forming a new bond and a shelter will be able to take the other rabbit back if that is not the case.

Latest posts

Back