Selling pregnant rabbit?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheenisowner

Reaction score
The other day I was just browsing randomly on kijiji for bunnies/rabbits and I saw this one ad where this woman was selling her pregnant rabbit who was to give birth in FOUR weeks! FOUR WEEKS! I'm not sure if this is a common thing but I have a hard time grasping the fact that it wouldn't stress this little prego buns given her situation. The stress of a)being pregnant and b) having to all of a sudden adopt to a new home and new people. How can people be so cruel? Maybe her situation was extreme, I don't know but I feel like it is so mean to have to put that much stress on to the bunny.

Just had to rant that out it has been bothering me for DAYS. :( Poor bunny...I hope she has a safe pregnancy.

Rabbits have a gestation of about 28-31 days so it sounds like the rabbit was just bred.

Also we have known numerous amounts of breeders who show bred rabbits up to day 14 of their pregnancy. People say bred does show really well and they reach their prime during the secod week. They give birth to babies fine after a show whenever I have experienced it.

Yep, Sarah's right. The doe was just bred. :) I bought a doe that was bred, but she didn't take. Very disappointing, but hopefully she'll catch this time around.

Lol its okay. Im just glad we have breeders here that can give advice and console others about issues like this that come up.

Latest posts

Back