seizures or choking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemargo

Reaction score
So something strange happened to my bunny.
He was eating and drinking less than usual. Produced very few, very small dry poops. 2 days on Reglan. I made the appointment with our great vet for next day, however...
He was eating fresh salad and pellets, bit on some apple. 15 minutes later started sneezing with foam from his mouth and nose. I wiped him off, he stopped sneezing, went to his cage. 5 min later-sneezing, darted out of cage, hit himself against the wall and went limp with difficulties breathing. I picked him up and thought we were loosing him right there. Our vet told us to rush to emergency. He got Xrays that did not show significant blockage. He was very dehydrated and lost some weight so they kept him on IV for hydration. The next day we transferred him to our vet for further work up but nothing significant showed up. He is on critical care since still eating poorly and not producing poops.
Does anybody have any idea what it was? Seizures or as our vet thinks he choked? This was very scary and very sudden behavior.

I also suspect pneumonia. Can you describe the foam better? What color was the foam? Was it white? clear? Red? Pink?

Update: He is doing great. Back to normal. He was on antibiotics since they did find his t-cells count indicated infection. Thank you for the responses.
P.s. foam was clear/ whitish.

Latest posts

Back