Second molt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
Wash is going through a second molt (he finished his last one about a month ago) and I wasn't aware that rabbits did more than one. I was wondering if this could be something wrong with his diet? he fur feels normal and is nice and thick. Just curious...

HOw's the weather up there? Here we've had the heat all summer and then a cooler spell and now we're back to heat.

Bo is still molting - same with Clover but she's nearly done and Heidi is just barely shedding.

I've seen Bo molt for months on end......

We're supposed to get snow this week, too. It's already dangerously close in the hills around town and I've had to light my fire already. How can you be excited?!? Winter has it's good points, but it's so loooooooooong and dark. It takes forever for spring to come!

Ahem, back to molting... I don't think there's any set rule about how often it happens. I'm sure Ookpik's molted three or four times and I haven't even had her a year. It's a constant battlewith pet fur in my house!

~Diana

LOL I love hockey! I used to follow our IHL team here in Indiana. I never missed a home game!

Anyhow, I bet it's the weather with Wash. Just keep an eye on him .... Maybe it's his food - any changes? and is it a good brand? Not too many treats?

He could come stay here with me if the weather is too much for him! :biggrin2:

I haven't changed his food for the most part. He's gotten a little bit of pinnapple becuase he had some braclet poos, but that was after the molt started.

Wash is mine! :ph34r2

Yep, when they molt they sometimes make us pretty bracelets! :pWell, pretty in their minds! "look Mommy! I made you poos! I know how much you love them!"

Wash can still be yours and live with me! :biggrin2:;)

YukonDaisy wrote:
What are braclet poos?

Ah, yes. Bracelet- I like that. I've always heard them called 'string of pearls'. Either way, poos strung together with fur- a sure sign that the rabbit is probably ingesting too much fur.

TundraKatieBean- It is most likely the weather. The flip flopping between hot and cold can keep them in a continuous molt until Mother Nature decides on a temperature!

I've found that is true with the rabbits even being inside...... their temps are generally the same year round but somehow their little bodies sense the changes!

Latest posts

Back