Sebastain still hormonal and a red penis?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
Sebastian has been neutered for nearly 3 months now but he still tries to hump Suki witch he was trying alot tonight, So I took him out and flipped him over and noticed his penis was kinda red, What does this mean, My mother may possibly going to the vet so if anyone thinks I should get him looked over just tell me, Any ideas if this is serious or not?

I think they can still attempt to mate after 3 months and the humping is normal; I have neutered males that still hump spayed females. I bet he's not spraying. The red thing is probably an attempt at a bunny erection.
i would not worry about this at all unless his penis actually looks like it is sore ....

I've had some neutered buns irritate themselves greatly while mounting other buns, despite being neutered (in one case for 6 months, in the other case, 20 months).

I carefully checked him over and when it was clear it was irritated and sore I bathed him. The other guy actually needed anti-biotics because he had made such a mess of himself (that was within 24 hours, he went from ok, to very manky). I would keep and eye and bathe him in necessary.

Likeangieluv says, there is a difference between high blood flow (which would be the erection) and irritation, so you'll have to decide which it is.

i found the same with eyore. but his was an over excitment forgotting himself. lol.
i hope sebastion is ok.
eyore is sending hugs

If a bunny is very excited and humps a lot, he can actually make the tip of his penis bleed--like a rug burn. This happened (we think) with Benjamin when we were first trying to bond him to my pair. It could also have been a bite by Tony on Ben. It sounds like either Sebastian is still hormonal (although it has been a long time) or he has learned to hump and will not stop (like LittleBayPoo's Ronnie). He could also be trying to dominate her. I would not let him hump her for more than 30 sec at a time, and once he's humped her a bit, don't let him do it again for 2-3 min.

tonyshuman wrote:
If a bunny is very excited and humps a lot, he can actually make the tip of his penis bleed--like a rug burn. This happened (we think) with Benjamin when we were first trying to bond him to my pair. It could also have been a bite by Tony on Ben. It sounds like either Sebastian is still hormonal (although it has been a long time) or he has learned to hump and will not stop (like LittleBayPoo's Ronnie). He could also be trying to dominate her. I would not let him hump her for more than 30 sec at a time, and once he's humped her a bit, don't let him do it again for 2-3 min.
Thanks for the advice, It's kinda odd he won't hump for 3 to 4 days and then he is humping Suki every 5 seconds.

Latest posts

Back