Scratching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK Bunnies

Reaction score
I was just upstairs hanging out with Teacup and Vin to see how they're taking life without Kali when I noticed Teacup scratching her shoulders. I know scratching is normal but when she did it I saw a tufted of fur go flying so I went over to her and put my hand on her shoulder and pulled the fur apart to look at her skin and she has these little bald patches on her shoulders. The skin is perfectly normal except one spot where the dead skin pealed a little, but I think it's just from scratching.

She's been scratching in the spot way more then normal lately.

The thing is Kali was doing this to when she was still alive, but she actually had scabs on her back that I think were from just to much scratching.

I'm almost certain that it's an itch issue not a mental thing because I rubbed the spot on her back she was scratching and she started tooth purring and going dreamy eyed, and I scratched her lightly to see how she reacted and she just toothed purred more. So I'm pretty sure it's an itch.

So is this a skin condition? Are we having a parasite problem? What's going on? Should I worry, or just wait and she if she stops? Is this just a habit? Isit physicological or is it an itch? Or is it just old bunny syndrome?

-TK :?

Latest posts

Back