Scratching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreo1

Reaction score
Hi-I’ve noticed my rabbit has been scratching herself more, do they get dry skin in the Winter? If so, any suggestions? Thanks

Look over her body to see if you see anything crawling around. Check your buns ears to see if you see anything crusty/scabby. If you see any of it then it would very likely be mites. It’s not severely life threatening, but you would need to get her checked out by the vet for antibiotics.

She hasn’t been outside since September-how would she get them?

Ugh that’s horrible! We gave her a close inspection and thank goodness didn’t see any mites. Can it be dry skin?

I don’t really don’t know what that is, but I’ll start looking stuff up and try to find out what it is :)

If you aren't seeing dandruff, crusting, lesions, or signs of skin irritation, dry skin could be possible though it's not a common thing in rabbits. I would keep an eye on it and if there seem to be signs of fur mites, treat accordingly with the proper antiparasitic(ivermectin or selamectin).

MediRabbit (fur mites in rabbits)

MediRabbit (selamectin dosing info)

Is she about to molt? Mine scratch right before they're about to start blowing their coats.

I don’t know-I feel like she is always shedding.

Latest posts

Back