Scratching / Digging toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyJayneHarlow

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas for any scratching / digging toys? My Rabbit keeps chewing and scratching at my carpet, then eventually sometimes pees on it!
I've tried a card board box with shredded newspaper but he doesn't use it.

You could cut up cereal boxes and lay those pieces on the carpet. Another option is laying blankets down on the carpet. This is what I did for a while and while it isn't very pretty, it worked.

You could try picking up an Ikea Hol, cutting a couple entrances, and filling it with newspaper, towels, beds, or what have you.

The Hol wood material is very chew-friendly, making the enclosure a good hideaway, contained digging station, and chew toy :)

Small Pet Select in the US makes some digging/chewing toys, but I don't know if they ship to the UK.

Has anyone got any ideas for any scratching / digging toys? My Rabbit keeps chewing and scratching at my carpet, then eventually sometimes pees on it!
I've tried a card board box with shredded newspaper but he doesn't use it.

You can go to Petco dot com and order their Timothy Hay mats. Its a woven scratching mat bunnies can lay on, dig on & even eat if they want. I think theyre around $6.99 & they will ship anywhere in the US.

There's always a branch of willow, hazel, forsythia, apple, ash etc. under my kitchen table, at least it keeps them occupied for some time (mostly during the night) and from chewing other things.

Latest posts

Back