Scratching and digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub793

Reaction score
Every time I get on the floor my girl Willow will come over and start digging and scratching at my legs. I am not sure if it's an attention getting thing because I'm right there or if she is trying to tell me to beat it! She also does it the minute I pay any attention to Walter. I figure then it's her way to tell me "hey what about me,". But she does it Anytime I sit on the floor,even if I'm not doing anything in particular:?:?

some buns do this ..some dont..sometimes it depends on the material of ur clothing..if i wear anything slick they all go to town on my clothes..i think its cute...until they bite.:)

[align=center]My flemish giant, Silas does that to any and every fabric. My bed, my clothes. My bare arm sometimes too. Buns can be so naughty sometimes.. =P

One of mine does it on pants and any loose clothing, the other has never done it. It's just one of those bunny things! The worst is when my female does it and then nips me - in her mind I think she's just tugging at fabric, but she'll get me right on the stomach and it hurts! She seems so shocked when I react to the pain. Haha. How would she like it if someone came up and bit her in the stomach :p

i know right!! but to make matters worse, its just not me. it seems to be material of all kinds. She chewed holes in my brand new couch, and she has chewed holes in my comforter on my bed and thats not even counting the pants of mine she's chewing holes in. she has a cloth fettish or something!!! i have to figure out how to get her to stop and have not been very successful...

I took in a foster that looooved material. I gave her an old towel to play with. She used to love bunching it up, pushing it flat, digging, etc. If you have an old towel or blanket, that could probably help. (Just make sure she's playing andnot just eating it) You could also cut newspaper in thin strips and put it in a cardboard box for her to dig in since she loves digging. I guess the idea is to encourage digging of proper things and not punish the digging itself. :)

I give my bunnies their own blankets to play with and keep others out of reach. I just watch Hannah like a hawk and tell her "no" if she's digging in something she shouldn't and she usually listens - she's gotten better as she's learned what she's allowed to dig at and what she's not.

well i think i will give it a shot because she apparently loves to dig and bite at cloth. i did try giving her an old blanket and she did roll it and drag it etc. but Wally (her roommate) not so much. He doesn't like anything in their cage and will push everything out that is not hooked on lol.

Latest posts

Back