Scratched eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy65

Reaction score
I think my kitten scratched my bunny's eye the other night. This morning I woke up and it was glossed over like it had Glaucoma , that opal looking color. Could that mean the cornea is scratched or maybe it's infected? The vet can't see him today and it's Friday. Any advice anything I can do in the interim? should I wipe it with warm water and a cloth? he lets me and look at it but I don't touch it.. he is a 4 month old Flemish Giant..

Clean the eyes with saline solution and try to get to a vet fast. Injuries to the eyes are never good to wait for long.

I know a person that the cat accidently scratched the ear of the bunny which ended up with the bunny had to take away the ear, because an infection started.

Early treatment can save the bunnies eye.

Your rabbit needs to be seen by an experienced rabbit vet immediately, as an emergency. The white on your rabbit's eye is the start of an infection. Cat scratches carry lots of really bad bacteria which can cause severe bacterial infections. The sooner you get antibiotic eye drops started, the better chance you'll have of saving the eye.
Medirabbit (corneal ulcer )

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

You can get saline solution or a sterile eye wash and try to rinse out the eye. The vet can give you drops or antibiotics if needed.

Latest posts

Back