School WWYD?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepnFluff

Reaction score
Pokers thread actually spured me to ask for your guys opinions so hope you don't mind :)

So schools just gone back from summer holidays for me and I have a bit of a problem and my Mums being no help so I'd like to get a bit of input from all you wise people. I'm taking NCEA Level 3S General Math this year. I think it's like GED final year math, taking on the calculus, statisticsfrom the top level (A) and algebrawhich isn't a A subject it's a S so having the S algebra reduces the course toS level (A beingabove average, S being normal)instead of focusing on just one (such as calc or stats)

Anyway to get to the point I had my first class today and the teacher outlined the course which was very hard and he said that if we hadn't achieved at least 10 credits last year in 2S (which the whole year was"normal" maths not above average)maths we would probably find the course very hard and would probably have a better chance in another subject and actually would get credits. I got 10 credits last year but found it quite challenging although I have to admit I didn't study very well. So this years course is much harder and it's not a university accepted subject (so I can't even use the credits to apply for uni) So I could change to another subject which would just be a filler but could be UE accepted so I could use the credits in applying to uni. OR I could attempt to stick with it knowing that I could probably achieve some parts of it but they would be incredibly difficult and time consuming when I was hoping to focus on other subjects........

So ye wise people of RO what should I do?

So if you want to go to university, what is the point of this course, exactly?

It doesn't sound like it gets you closer to your university goal whatsoever, if it isn't university accepted.

Why do something difficult and time-consuming unless there are credits involved and/or you love it?
This doesn't sound like a useful course.

I would say, find a math course (if that is what you need; or another subject) that will be accepted by the university in the discipline you are interested in pursuing.

if you're going to University, stick with courses that will give you credit. I would also highly recommend that you apply yourself in all subjects as there is no substitute for hard work, and it will put you in good stead with your teachers. The good ones know what your capable of and will recognize your efforts and will help you more readily.

Latest posts

Back