Scared of my bun getting neutered! (questions)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochaa30

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old male Netherland Dwarf and ever since he was little he's been very skittish and always on-guard. For some reason my family and I pushed back getting him neutered and I realized I need to get it done ASAP. Is it okay that I'm getting it done kind of late? How long does the procedure usually last? Will he be in pain? Will his behavior become better or worse?
please help! I've been a bunny mom for a while but I'm still learning :)

What are the reasons to neuter him ASAP?

Anyway, with males it's a less invasive procedure than with femals, depending on the vet it imo takes about 10 minutes.

Can't tell if it changes much in their behaviour, my 5yo buck is intact.

At 2 years a rabbit is still considered young so this surgery is not too late. The surgery should be SUPER fast and he won't be in much pain after. If you are really nervous about pain, ask the vet for some Metacam. His behavior will slowly begin to change in the next month or two, but only in good ways. He will be sweeter, easier to litter train, not as destructive, not aggressive, he won't spray, he won't hump things, etc.

Latest posts

Back