Scabs in ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katalynakm

Reaction score
I just noticed scabs in my bunny ears so I looked it up and it said it could be mites? I believe the closest vet is about an hour away. I never see him scratch them or anything. Sometimes one of his ear flops but not always. If someone could help and let me know and maybe give me so remedies that would be amazing! Thank you!9428B30E-B208-4B9A-AEA0-CFD9A286715D.jpeg

It could be mites. Do you see any wax or anything when you look down in the ear canal?
I haven’t seen anything down both ears. I bought baby oil and it’s hypoallergenic to use until I can bring him to the vet on Monday.

If it's not mites and you cant figure out the issue, check your rabbits nails. They usually clean the insides of their ears at that exact spot. If nails are too long or even clipped incorrectly, with sharp edges, it could cause this problem.
All the best!

I haven’t seen anything down both ears. I bought baby oil and it’s hypoallergenic to use until I can bring him to the vet on Monday.
I would not put anything in the ears especially as you're seeing a vet tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back