Scabs & bald patches

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my female bunny is about a year old and lives with her brother (both neutered about 3 months ago) and i’ve recently noticed a few scabs/sores on her. the first was quite large, spreading from the bottom of her neck/top of her shoulder, down to the top of her leg, and seemed to appear quite quickly. she also had one at the same time on her chest, between her front legs. this one has now healed and gone away, however another has appeared on her chin. she also has a bald patch on her belly, but we can see no signs of mites on her. any ideas of how to help her?

Is he attacking her? I would have them separated and see if the spots go away and don't come back. Can you send pictures?

Is he attacking her? I would have them separated and see if the spots go away and don't come back. Can you send pictures?
i don’t think he’s attacking her (although i can’t be sure because i’m at college during the day) they seem to get on quite well and have never fought before. also the scabs are quite hard to see as she has quite thick fur and isn’t too happy being held up for too long

I would advise taking her to a rabbit-experienced vet and assess for possible skin conditions. Aside from mites, fungal infections like ringworm are a possibility. Even though her brother may not have it, it's possible her immune system is not strong for a variety of reasons (ex. perhaps there is tension in the relationship and she is stressed, thus dampening her immune system; just an example).

Latest posts

Back