Saw CATS last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
I've seen Cats before, but it was here in Toronto again, so I had to go again. I didn't drag Neil with me because there is only so much guys in tights that he can take in one sitting, so I went with his parents instead.

:)

It was as great as I remembered, and I love the music and the dancing. SO much fun!!

Anyone else like musicals? My favorites are still Wicked and Phantom... and Les Mis... I've seen some terrible ones too..

We had Lord of the Rings here for a while and let me tell you - Lord of the Rings is not meant to be a play or a musical.. something about the hobbits breaking out in song while being chased by the dark riders... just didn't do it for me.

:D

Nadia

i LOVE musicals. never seen any of those, othert than on tv, but seen joseph, we will ro\ck you and saturday nightr fever.

i used to teach my kids dances to a lot of musicals musci (i used to teach dance), they loved them too.

i have an urge tro sing this now

'the hiiiiiiiiiills are aliiiive with the sound of muuuuuuuuusiiiiiiiiiiiic, lol, that's going tro stay in my head now.

HoneyPot wrote:
Anyone else like musicals? My favorites are still Wicked and Phantom... and Les Mis... I've seen some terrible ones too..
I LOVE PHANTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always wanted to see Le Mis and Cats but have not gotten around to it, but Phantom is the BEST,BEST,BEST, now i have the urget o get the cd out and listen

I'm not a real big fan of musicals, but there are a few that I liked.

Cats was definitely one of the best.
The Lion King and Tarzan were both great, too!

I love WICKED!!! :) I took my daughter to see it in London for her birthday, I wassuch a wuss...I cried almost the whole way through the first half :blushan:

I have sawCatsand Phantom also.....I want to see Joseph next, but my absolute favourite will still be Wicked.

Then again I do like a lot of musicalssince Im surrounded by them with my daughter doing dance/stage showand competitions..........speaking of which she hasone starting Sunday. :(

Ooooohhhh! I LOVE plays! I am lucky cause I live on Long Island and I can go into the city to see the Broadway plays. I have seen Phantom 3 times, I have seen Les Mis twice, I saw Fiddler on the Roof with Rosie O'Donnell, 42nd Street, Guys and Dolls, Spamalot....

I love musicals, but not Cats. Blah. Sorry, it just doesn't do it for me.

I just saw My Fair Lady last weekend with my sister. She has season tickets for a theater in Milwaukee that hosts traveling productions. Her fiancee didn't want to go to this one so I got to go instead, yay! I'm so jealous that she gets to see Lion King and Avenue Q! I might just have to buy tickets for Avenue Q, I really want to see it.

I used to see a lot at college, because the campus theater had traveling shows and student tickets were always less than $20 the night of the show. Phantom $20! Les Mis $20! Rent... $10! And Scarlet Pimpernel and Jekyll and Hyde and...

Man I miss that!

Oh Avenue Q is here next summer, I have to buy tickets soon!! I really want to see that too. Dirty Dancing is starting here soon also - I hate to admit it, but I really was addicted to the movie when I was younger, so I will have to go see it. LOL.

Sweeny Todd is here and Chicago will be here next week, but I'm not going to see either of those - I"m Chicago'd out from the movie and Sweeny Todd doesn't appeal to me so much.

I love musicals. RENT, Avenue Q, Chess, Phantom, Jesus Christ SuperStar, Wicked, Aida, Cabaret, Hair, Chicago, Urinetown

I just wish I could see them live, I did see Urinetown but it is the only one. I mostly listed to them. I want to go to New York and see Broadway. Then go back in time and see opening night for RENT.

I've seen a couple on video in my music class last year.

I loved Phantom of the Opera. I loved the story of Les Mis, but I didn' t like how they just stood there and sang, I wish they would have acted and stuff. I hated Cats, I thought I was gonna die watching it. :?And a whole bunch more I liked that I don't exactly remember the names.

I LOVE musicals. One of my jobs is ushering part-time at a local music theater. This summer one of the shows the cast did was called "Broadway's Best". It was 2 hours of some of the greatest Broadway hits...from Anything Goes (Cole Porter) to The Wedding Singer...it was awesome.

I recently saw Wicked. What a great show! I HATED The Wizard of Oz as a kid, but seeing Wicked totally changed my thoughts. I definitely like the Wicked version of the story much better. Even made me like the flying monkeys. I love the irony in it all and the allusions to the Baum story.

I'll be going to see Mama Mia next spring with some friends. Jersey Boys is another that I'd really like to see.

For those of you who've seen Rent...did you enjoy it? I have a chance to go with a group in January to see it...but a lot of my friends give it mixed reviews. Would love to hear some more opinions about it.

-Mary Ellen

Latest posts

Back