Sandhills_Rabbit's Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
This is my condensed thread where I will beposting pictures of my bunnies, any new bunny additions to my family,etc. I will keep all new postings about my babies to this thread so Idont have tons and tons of threads floating around the board......

Pictures of my cute little "twins" Buttercup & Cupcake:

86542539.jpg

86542535.jpg

New picture of buttercup and me:
(sorry for my lack of makeup, etc.... its too early in the a.m.!)
86542544.jpg

Lazarus, the day he passed on (I'm sorry if this pic is too upsetting-i took it right before he passed away, because I wanted to alwaysremember him):

86542527.jpg

The box that we buried the little sweetie in (it's covered in flower,star, dove, and angel stickers that we had from a set of nativity scenestickers):

86542524.jpg

Clay bunnie figures that Jaiden is making.... (she has madebunny-flowers, bunny-fruits, a mummy-bunny, bunny ballerinas,bunny-flies, bunny clowns and much more):

86542531.jpg

86542529.jpg

You have the prettest bunnies I have ever seen.(Except mine of cousre LOL) I love lops but when tried to get one, thebreeder said she was having all bad luck as the mom and babs passedaway.

If you ever feel the need to get rid of Buttercup or Cupcake, put me first on the list. :pThey are SO gorgeous!!

And I am sorry to hear about the little bun, I know you tried everything you could to keep him alive. :(

~Nichole

What little Dolls Buttercup and Cupcakeare! Love the picture of Buttercup and you. Whoneeds make-up when you're a Natural Beauty.

Poor Little Lazarus. I'm sorry you lost him, but the box youburied the little one in was beautiful. Bless your heart fortrying so hard and loving him so much. He was lucky to haveexperienced your tender loving care before he passed over The RainbowBridge.

Don't be shy with the pictures! Those two beauties should be shown off.

-Carolyn

SLRabbits wrote:
If you ever feel the need to get rid of Buttercup or Cupcake, put me first on the list. :p They are SO gorgeous!!

And I am sorry to hear about the little bun, I know you tried everything you could to keep him alive. :(

~Nichole

SlRabbits, If I was to get rid of the incredible bunny duo, I'ddefinately add you to the list.....lol..... but I think i'm going tokeep them all for myself! My hubby originally was saying we could onlykeep one of them, but no one could agree on who we'd have to part with.I guess both are a permanant fixture in our household.

Thanks so much for your kindness about Lazarus.... All I know is thatfor the short while he was here we did our best to make him feel loved.I wish we could have had longer with him, but I think someone up abovewanted Lazarus with him....

Annie

Carolyn wrote:
What little Dolls Buttercup and Cupcake are! Love the picture ofButtercup and you. Who needs make-up when you're a Natural Beauty.

Poor Little Lazarus. I'm sorry you lost him, but the box you buried thelittle one in was beautiful. Bless your heart for trying so hard andloving him so much. He was lucky to have experienced your tender lovingcare before he passed over The Rainbow Bridge.

Don't be shy with the pictures! Those two beauties should be shown off.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I agree that Buttercup and Cupcake are little dolls! (ofcourse I might be biased, but oh well!) The 'cup' twins as my daughtercalls them (because they both have names with 'cup' in them) areangels.... they are so loving to us, and let us hold them whenever wewant. They are very giving when it comes to bunny kisses and nuzzles,and they just do the cutest things. I am sure everyone feels this wayabout their babies, though :)

Thanks for your compliment on the picture of Buttercup and me.... all Iknow is that I feel MUCH, much better with my make-up on! I feel like Idont look like I walked out of a "night of the zombie" movie....lol

Lazarus's burial was brief... we actually spent more time on preparinghim for burial then we did on the actual deed. My daughter has beendoing a lot with Sculpey Clay lately, and she even fashioned a littlegravestone for him that we inscribed with his name, and dates of birthand death. We baked it in the oven and have to spray it with acrylic soit will be weather-proof.

bunnylover78642 wrote:
You have the prettest bunnies I have ever seen. (Except mine ofcousre LOL) I love lops but when tried to get one, the breeder said shewas having all bad luck as the mom and babs passed away.

Thanks so much! I'll pass on the compliments to the babies.... I'm surethey'll greatly appreciate knowing how cute they are!! I love lopsalso.... I'm really sorry that the breeder you had in mind for gettinga lop had such bad luck. It's too bad that the momma and babies passedaway. That must have been heartbreaking!

Sandhills, Buttercup and Cupcake are so precious,I really have a passion for lops. So sorry to hear aboutLazarus, it’s so hard to lose something so precious. On abetter note I am assuming Jaiden is your daughter and can see where shegets her gifted talent:)

BEAUTIFUL BABIES!

When I was looking for a rabbit, the lops where on top of mylist. However, Pebbles a Netherland Dwarf needed to berescued.

Take care of yourself now.

Rainbows!

Ohhh, I love the orange babies! Bub looked likethe one on the right for awhile, as his ears were too heavy to hold up.He grew into them eventually!

The picture of Lazarus was hard to look at, it brought back memories ofFen and Pandemonium's little brother or sister that died at the sameage. I cried til I felt sick. It was awful. I know how you feel. And itwas really hard because it was my fault--I accidentally got someformula in his/her windpipe...ohhh, I felt awful. It was my first timewith babies and I tried my best, but made mistakes.Poorlittle silver baby. I nearly lost Pandemonium too, but fed her on Izzyand she survived and thrived.

So sorry about the little one.

Rose

Oh how absolutely gorgeous they are!! (Buttercupand Cupcake) I love their colors! It would be hard to put those littleones down. How old are they now?

I am very sorry to hear of Lazarus passing away, I can't imagine howhard that must be for you. You gave him a beautiful memorial and hewill always be remembered in your heart.

You daughter has artistic talent too! That is so great, she has done anexcellent job with the figurines. My dad was artistic as well but sadlyfailed to pass that gene on to me:(. Glad you and your daughter canshare such a wonderful pastime together with your arts, wish my boyswere more interested in crafts, etc. Oh well:?.

Can't wait to follow on the progress of Buttercup and Cupcake and the rest of your family as well.

Fergi's mom

New bunny alert!! New bunny alert!!

Well, I got a new little boy today..... He is so beautiful!
He is white, and is either a REW or a BEW. I know it sounds sillysaying i'm not sure what he is, but it's because his eyes look to be across between pink and blue.... they are more lavender then anything.

I named my new little sweetie 'Caspar'....

Here's some photos:

86729123.jpg

86729121.jpg

86729119.jpg

86729115.jpg

(he looks like he's got terrible red-eye in the pictures, but it's because i had to use the flash on the camera...)

Lovehis name! Love everything about him. What great,great News! Another bunny who's going to have a Life of Loveand Luxury. Kids, rabbits, elephants, andfootballare my favorite things in the World.

What a Gorgeous Picture! Keep them coming and please give our new baby a Big Smooch from me.

86729119.jpg

-Carolyn

Thanks, Lanna, Rabbitgirl, and Carolyn! Caspar said a big 'thank you' for welcoming him into the rabbits only family!

He also wanted me to send nuzzles and binkies to all of you to show his happiness and thanks!

Annie

Latest posts

Back