Sammy update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazarty

Reaction score
I took Sammy to the vetson Saturday as the medication has run out again. They took a look ather and they were happy with her progress although they do think shemay end up with a permanent head tilt. She is back on the medicationand in 3 weeks time i have to stop the Batryll and a week alter i haveto stop the Panacur. Then back to the vets to see how she is (Hopefullyno more relapses) and then we can get her spayed. I asked the vets ifthey could tell me the exact problem and why she ended up like this andthery said without oding an MRI Scan they could not tell me exactlywhat had happended to her. they also said even if they did know theycant guarantee any medication which would help. They told me it wouldcost £700 for a scan but would do it for cheaper for £300 plus VAT.They had never done this before on rabbits at the vets i go to. So thatmakes me more worried that they dont really have much knowledge ofrabbits. Anyway Sammy is doing well even the journey up to the vets shewas fine, last time she got very stressed out but she did go in a carlast time, this time i walked up there with her in the carrier. If iknew she wouldnt get so stressed out i would drive her to the nearestvets which do specalise in buns. But i dont want to put her under anystress.

Sammy is also managing to stand up without holding on to anything now,when i give her some greens she stands up right and it makes her lookeven mre adorable. x I will get some more pictures put on heretomorrow. x

Glad to hear she's doing better :) I'm not surehow common MRI's are for bunnies, but if your vet seems knowledgeableotherwise, just because they haven't done them, doesn't mean they'renot good with bunnies. Did you ask them how often they treat bunnies?There's a good list of questions to ask a potential bunny vet on theHRS website, here's a link:

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html#good-questions

It's a great way to find out how skilled they are in treating rabbits.If you have to, just print out the whole list and bring it with you toread to them. Sure, they might think you're a little over-protective oranal, but when your bunny's health and life may be at stake, I thinkit's worth it :)

I hope she keeps getting better!

Latest posts

Back