Salt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
My two, especially Qtip, have been obsessively licking the carpet recently, especially around baseboards. I know house bunnies don't need salt wheels but could the licking be a sign of that? Nothing has changed in the house, but the licking is new.

Hmmm I don't have an exact answer, but I wanted to say that my bun all of a sudden started doing this one day and still does. He will lick our dining room chairs a lot and sometimes other random things in that room. I don't know what this means, but I had a salt wheel got my bun when he was a baby and he never even touched it. :)

Is it fabric? My rabbit licks my pillow and sheets as well as some piece of furniture that's covered in fleece that she always licks. I kind of wonder if they like the texture on their tongue. I've been licked by her and her tongue feels rough

Merlin licks curtains and carpet. Not sure why, but as neither have a salty taste I'm sure it's not because they're looking for salt. Maybe they're cleaning their tongues by wiping them on rough surfaces? LOL.

Awww they like to groom things... my princesses favourite used to be jeans. Sonny licks what he can especially when im rubbing his ears at the same time! :)

Boomer licks cushions and my clothes... sometimes leaving a little wet patch... hahaa it's cute. I just say he is grooming the cushions. because he does the same thing to me!

No, it's not fabric... It's the carpet in a bunch of places, but often right up against the baseboards. I wouldn't find it odd except that they've never done it before and we have lived in this same place for a year.

Mine also will lick carpet occasionally. One kept doing so in one particular area for awhile. Eventually she stopped. Just seemed like a random behavior to me.

Of only they could speak our language. They would have so many questions to answer to us silly humans

I haven't got an answer for you either. Bandit has licked carpet, couch fabric, clothing, walls, tiles, plastic etc etc. As long as they're not ingesting anything problematic, shouldn't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back